Calling anyone daring to live in Manche 50. I need help

I am looking for somewhere to leave a small car long term. Payment offered of course.
Otherwise I’m looking for a mechanic who may want it for spares. Peugeot 106 zest, runner and well cared for. Sudden changes to plans lead to this SOS.

Hi Annajayne

How long is long term ?

Andy

1 Like

About a year, until I’m back, maybe less if I come back sooner. It’s only a little car and ever so well behaved.

Is this a French Registered car ???

Hi I replied by email but that vanished, yes, are you a mechanic, its a good car for joyriding and road racing

It’s relevant info for anyone “thinking about it” as French Regd cars are easier to sell or dispose of…

1 Like

can you pm me a price if you could be thinking of disposing? a little early for me… meanwhile I will work out where is 50…

1 Like

True, I was hoping you wanted it for dirt racing and road racing like that actress whose name I forgot

It’s only really of sentimental or spares value now, its an old car.

1 Like

Manche in French means “the sleeve” - it’s the bit on the north of France which sticks out and points to the Atlantic :wink:

1 Like

It points accusingly across the channel. Manche is one of the favourites for me as we used to sail there for the weekend when I was a youngster in the channel Islands

Silly me of course it also means the English Channel then…hum you are right Graham I am missing even obvious clues now

If its old and of no value, why don’t you just get it to a breakers yard/car recycling centre . Save you money on keeping the insurance going, and you won’t have to worry about storage

…or your local fire station - they can use it for training purposes like taking the roof off or extracting casualties from wrecks…

1 Like

Several reasons, the sudden emergency change of plans the main one, I need to leave it somewhere early next week and no response from garages yet, the other is that I could do the repairs myself with time and money, I have to go on Tuesday unexpectedly hence this mess. A lot more to it but lacking time and Internet to explain right now.

Hi Annajayne

Sorry but cannot do something that quick. I might be having space in my hanger but it won’t be for a month or so. Neighbour is using for temp hay storage.

Sorry again.

Andy

1 Like

Thanks for the thought anyway.

Hi - did you find a solution ? I know of two French people on leboncoin who offer storage facilities in dept 50 for approx €30 per month. Secure & can stay there as long as required. PM me for their details - I’m certain you could get it organised really quickly with them as when I contacted them both they responded same day