Calling Corona - Pool issues!

@Corona

I have managed to mark the gel coat on my new pool :sob: I bought myself a fancy pants cordless pool vacuum and have managed to leave marks around the edges of the pool, they do not scrub off with brush or elbow grease, look like small scratches. Any suggestions about how to fix (or reduce) with the water still in the pool ? Most people don’t notice it but of course every time i walk past it’s obvious to me (i feel foolish for doing it).

Second issue are a few marks on the shell that have appeared and I can’t shift them - not scratches just slight discolouration - on the bench part mostly. I thought it may be lotion from a guest who swam in the pool but can’t shift it. Not sure what product to use to attempt removal of the marks.

Any advice appreciated, I know i could have PM’d you but thought it may be of use for others in the future - or as a lesson to be careful with their fibreglass pools.

2 Likes

Have you tried T-cut or petroleum jelly?

Steady on with those chemicals.

Start off with the pool gom (magic erasers) these are mildly abrasive without being dangerous to the gel coat.

3 Likes

Thank you both, I did contact the shell manufacture but of course they just referred me to their nearest distributor ! No attempt of suggestion / technical assistance.
I will be ordering the pool gom from amazon.fr tomorrow.