Cameron increases the chances of Scottish independence

So, having screwed the UK with his failed attempt to see off the ERG, this posh idiot had reemerged from his shepherd’s hut to strut the World as a US diplomatic puppy.

At home he chooses to censure a politician who actually has direct personal experience of the Gaza disaster and simultaneously give grist to the SNP independence mill. :joy:

1 Like

Wow, sounds like this posh idiot really knows how to make a mess of things! It’s always entertaining to see politicians make questionable decisions, isn’t it? :roll_eyes:

In case you didnt know, he’s got a track record for fucking things up😉

2 Likes

No, it’s not. The world has never been in more need of competent, mature men and women who make wise and effective decisions.

1 Like

I don’t think this is just Cameron .
This has been government policy before he took office.
The recent judicial ruling that the UK government can legally stop the implementation of the Scottish act which enables people to declare that they can change their gender almost at will, is more likely to annoy the Scots.

I don’ have any time for Cameron at all, but he’s quite right on this, since foreign policy is a reserved matter, though the Tories do seem to struggle even with keeping their own party in line.

As for gender matters, it’s all really very niche and only seems to stir up those on the reactionary right as part of their culture war agenda. I suspect the average Scot is fairly unfussed by the whole thing.

Perhaps, though I doubt there was much support for such a policy outside parts of the SNP (which was not united over it) and pressure groups.

Loth as I am to defend Cameron, if we criticised Patel for unofficial meetings with Israelis then it’s quite reasonable to criticise Yousaf for doing the same thing with a dictator like Erdogan.

But he is a posh puppy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure. Humza Yousef is the head of a devolved government, Patel just went rogue. Now that I think about it I wonder if she was “fact finding” for the Rwanda adventure? The Israelis had already gone down that route.

“A beacon and a warning”