Can anyone recommend someone to install a pool in Charente, near Cognac?

Having just bought a house near Cognac, we would like to install a pool but having read the various conversations, it seems like a minefield. Can anyone recommend a company that they are satisfied with?

1 Like

Hi,
I have been told Cognac Piscines are good but have not used them. We have contacted several companies in Niort and Revazur came across well, but the house fell through so we have not used them, but would consider them when we find a new house.

Thank you Robert, somewhere to start!
Elizabeth Wilson

I am keeping out of this for a while to allow others to post. Robert, please don’t take this personally but being told by someone else is no recommendation. I have looked at their website and gallery and I can see immediately they are nothing special. Same old layout, same old pool.

1 Like

When you do move, maybe look around the neighbourhood for pools and ask the owners who installed them, and get recommendations that way.

1 Like

That is a good start Mark, when I worked on a pool down in Cognac, I asked who made it as it was a good setup. I was told the guy had retired and sold his business on, the new owner was nowhere near as good. Have to be careful.

Thank you for the help thus far. What a tricky area! Looks like we won’t get one done for this summer!

Elizabeth Wilson

Independent Partner at Flamingo Paperie

www.elizabethscards.com

07967 234662

Elizabeth, I am sure you still have time but good pool builders book up quickly in the autumn and winter to start work on this years installs very soon.

There is unfortunately quite a lot of poor quality work done, only last week I received an email from a very disgruntled chap, there is nothing I can do to help now as they are in mid contract with the pool builder. If you want me to look over any proposal you receive, I am happy to do so rather than see another person unhappy with their pool. Obviously I can’t police the build unless requested and there would be a cost for that.

Frankly, it will not be so bad if you have to get the pool done for next year, will it ??

Personally,… the more important the project… the slower I go…preferring to get it right first-time. (mistakes can and do happen, but if one has given thorough thought and investigation…without being rushed… that is generally best.)

I agree Stella.

Thank you again for the help. Good advice Stella, we had come too that conclusion, but teenage children feel it is imperative, so there was a small hope that it might be do-able! We have been given a contact by the English agent through which we are buying the house and I will have a chat with him to try and establish credentials. Definitely a tricky area…

Elizabeth Wilson

www.elizabethscards.com

07967 234662

Hello Elizabeth,
We are also near Cognac, and had a pool installed 2 years ago (in the early spring, so it’s not too late for you to have one done this year).
Our’s is a Desjoyaux pool, and we are very happy with it, despite what some posters on this site will tell you about them. The workmen who installed it were amazingly efficient and helpful, and the ongoing running costs have been minimal.
If you message us privately, you are more than welcome to come and see it and see the invoices. For us, the biggest issue was not the installation of the pool, but the hard work that has been involved in landscaping the garden afterwards.

1 Like

I knew it wouldn’t be long. Elizabeth if you message me privately I can give you lots of reasons not to. That said, I am grateful to them, for without them and Magiline I wouldn’t have designed the lowest running cost pool which saves 90% of the running costs of a conventional setup or an unconventional mono block filtration type pool.

Hi David and Trish…

Nice to see you back again…

Please can you update your Registration Page with Full Name… (whichever).

Many thanks

:relaxed::relaxed:

Hello again and thank you David and Trish and John for the kind offers.

I had a really useful chat with someone over the weekend who is going to give us some ideas - he is independent of any manufacturer and installer, and appears to have a number of happy recommendations. I’m grateful for the advice - thank you.

Elizabeth Wilson

www.elizabethscards.com

07967 234662

Hi Elizabeth

Whichever pool-company you choose… you will need to get permission through your Mairie… there will be forms to complete…and the wait is normally 2 months… depending. :relaxed::relaxed:

Hi Elizabeth, I am also independent of any manufacturer and installer, but I also design for the 21st century rather than the last one technology wise so here for a double check if needed.

1 Like

Hi Elizabeth, we have just joined the group and having the same problem finding a pool builder. Would it be possible to PM you and find out more about any recommendations?
Many thanks

Hi Lorraine, I can also tell you who to avoid via PM.

Hello Lorraine and welcome to the Forum.

Please update your Registration Page with your Full Name as per our Terms and Cond’s…

If you are not sure how to do that… simply put your Full Name on this thread and I will amend it for you…

cheers