Can anyone recommend someone to install a pool in Charente, near Cognac?

We are using poolsbyjonathan.com
Good Luck

Elizabeth Wilson

Independent Partner at Flamingo Paperie

www.elizabethscards.com

07967 234662

Possibly controversial post:
Poolsbyjonathan are not here to comment but it does illustrate the points I made earlier. Pictures of finished water tanks, do they look fine to the average viewer? Not to me, I see the same old ideas which are counter intuitive to the hydraulic performance of the pool. No pictures of the plant room, after all no one is interested in the pump and filter arrangement. That is the engine room of the pool, done well and you can virtually ignore it, get it wrong and you’ll spend more time in there than you’d like.
All of these pools will work, the difference being if something does go wrong how easy is it to get the pool right. If you turn up on holiday and find a green swamp, who wants to spend their weeks holiday getting back to clear again?
This is not a criticism of poolsbyjonathan’s construction abilities or their dedication to their customers, just observations from the pools illustrated on their website. There is a small picture top left which shows a man swimming under water. No way of knowing if that is actually one of their pools but the water is very hazy to the point that you cannot see the back wall of the pool, that is bad quality water and if it were my website I wouldn’t be using an image like that to sell my services.

I’m also not going to comment about the above named specifically but I wouldn’t spend 20k+ with a company until I had checked them out and had seen their business registration and decennale assurance certificate that covered the installation of swimming pools.

Hi Elizabeth

I have followed the link you offered… and taken a look at the website… but I cannot locate the Siret/Siren number.

As you know this company … could you please let me have that information … it will appear on a Quote or Invoice.

Cheers

https://www.societe.com/societe/monsieur-jonathan-fowle-479947616.html

2 Likes

Shall we do this off line to stop too much stuff going onto this page? elizabeth@summerisle.co.uk !!
Elizabeth Wilson

www.elizabethscards.com

07967 234662

2 Likes

I’ll message you… you should see it arrive… it will be private.

Hi John

Thanks for your reply, Where do I start…!!

OK, so it’s going to be solely for us and maybe the odd friend visiting but we’d probably be there anyway. For the first couple of years we will be frequent visitors but with a permanent move say in 3 years, and I’d like to think that we
could get someone to look over the place in our absence.

I’d definitely want it to be heated and would also want to invest in a good cover and filtration…

Taking in all of the above what are your thoughts ?

Regards

Gary

Hi Elizabeth

Thanks for that, if you don’t mind can I ask you for updates as the project goes on ?

Regards

Gary

We’ll be interested to follow your progress, Gary…

When it comes to Pools … @John_Withall …gives nothing but the very best advice. :hugs::hugs:

Of course. I can send you some pictures if you like…

Elizabeth Wilson

www.elizabethscards.com

07967 234662

elizabeth can you do whatever necessary to remove the bumpf that follows every one of your posts… cheers

@smw - this is because Elisabeth replied directly via her email (which is a feature) - you can see this from the little envelope icon on the top right side.
It’s nothing to worry about and trust me, if the boss was concerned, we’d all hear about it!
X

2 Likes

not worried about it, not concerned about it… just thought it might have been a switch flicked by mistake… :thinking:

It’s fine, if you reply to an email notification you’ll post everything in the email. No problem as it’s not actively spamming your business info, just a byproduct of the feature. :slight_smile:

Good grief… no wonder some of the replies seem to be rather long-winded …all is explained… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Just noticed your Post Tim… very helpful, as I was trying to find out what would be the correct registration for a Pool Installer …

Aqua Creations in Saintes have cleared up that mystery (for me, at least)…

"Activité (Code APRM) : Installation de piscines de résidence et construction de piscines non couvertes (4399DA) "

Phew…

Aqua Creations are part of the Hydro Sud group dotted around over France, I sometimes use them to, the owner my way is quite friendly.

Quick question re pool size and tax implications, apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere. We’ve been informed by the owner of a gite we stayed at that a lot of people go for a 10 x 5 pool (actually say 49.5 sqm with rounded corners) as once you reach a 50 sqm threshold you are liable to a far greater tax liability. Those in the know is this correct? If so is the increased rate significant say for a 12 x 6? Also would things like externally built steps if you built them be included within the 50 sqm (assume they would) ?

Mark… I suggest you read the tagged thread from top to bottom…
and speak with your Mairie… they will be able to advise you what-is-what… :thinking: you’ll need to do paperwork there in any case, so chat beforehand…