Can I still send tea bags from the UK to France?

Normal UK tea bags on amazon.fr are more than three times their cost at Tesco’s, so it makes me worry there’s a new (brexit) import duty. So before I shell out the postage does anyone know if it is still OK and legal for me to post them from the UK to a mate in France?

It seems to depend how you post them. I ordered from Tesco in the UK and had groceries incl. teabags delivered by @man and van’, no problems, no extra duty, just the delivery costs. He advised it would not be a problem unless meat, dairy and excess alcohol.
Also had a friend post some goods from the UK - never arrived.

still seems total potluck - some advise that DHL and courier services charge up to 30 Euros handling and customs fees - no matter what is in the box.

Would try the regular post with a small box of teabags, if your mate gets his tea - great.

Are you sure your mate can’t find them in his local supermarkets? Ours has tetley’s tea plus a couple of other normal brands. A bit more than one would pay in Morrisons, but less that the hassle of ordering them from afar and risking them never arriving.

If you ask someone to post stuff to you they need to fill in customs form making clear low value gift, and not send by a courier company. (Tea is legal to send)

Our daughter sent Yorkshire Tea to us a couple of weeks ago without a problem.

In the future they are probably going to do spot checks on things going true the post

Why do you get t bags from uk when you can buy a box of 100 tetley tea bags fir around €6 in intermarche and 100 Earl grey tetley bags fir €5?

3 Likes

or ‘Westminster’ brand at Aldi ?

1 Like

Dépends on where you are and if there’s local demand, for years there was nothing but very weak liptons, i can buy some brands of proper tea now but it’s still double the price of uk prices. I’ve only recently started drinking tea again as i drink far too many espressi each day. I also stopped drinking tea years ago when you could only get uht milk in France. How things have changed in recent years!

1 Like

If you live in Brittany you can get Barry’s Tea in both bags and loose from Le Comptoir Irlandaise shops. We regularly visit the ones in Vannes and Pontivy. They also have internet shop. Not that cheap but rather pay for a decent tea than drink rubbish. We also apply same principle to coffee. We only have one cup a day so make it a good one.

1 Like

Because they are not the same.

1 Like

what’s it like, not like pigeon p…s?, any comparison with Yorks tea.?

Excellent. They do a classic blend in red box and and stronger one in black box as well as breakfast tea. They have a warehouse in Finisterre so delivery times are short. We drink nothing else but this now!!

I am a total tea addict but not a caffeine addict. I found it impossible to get decent decaff teabags in France. Used to stock up every time I went to UK.

They do decaf as well as Green tea. Check their website to see if they have a store near you