Can UK cancel Brexit and stay in EU?

Yes, @Cezanne1901, you invalidate your comments and questions on this forum by using a nom de plume as seems likely in your case.

If you are sincere about your title to the name Paul Cézanne, and not concealing your real identity, I shall apologise. BTW I am behind the democratic legitimacy of the 2017 referendum to leave the EU :smiley:.

The choice was between ‘remain’ and ‘leave’, with no deal mentioned
It wasn’t : ’ leave, but with visiting rights on Wednesdays and alternate weekends’
As for the mee 6.1 million signatures to the Revoke Article 50 petition, it was all the more of an embarrassment due to the fact that expats in EU member states had the possibility to sign it.
At the end of the day Brexit will happen, whether that pleases me or not, so I won’t struggle like a hooked fish which by struggling allows the hook to dig in even deeper.
Go with the flow. Accept what you cannot change and, not applicable to Brexit change what you cannot accept.
"rewriting history’ is evoking some imaginary deal.

What an absolute load of tosh.

4 Likes

Insulting and incendiary tosh as well.

Actually I see that “Paul” is struggling to add a profile picture so I did some research on the 'net and I think I have found one that he can use:

BTW - Paul, how does it feel to be pwned and brainwashed by Dominic Cummings?

1 Like

Just a factual addendum for those who haven’t come across Melanie Phillips before - she is a notorious right-wing extremist, noted for her shallow grasp on reality, for believing that the Tories are too left-wing and that UKIP represented true conservatism, and - among other notions that can only be described as bizarre - that Bishop Desmond Tutu is an anti-semite!

2 Likes

I can’t see the image you uploaded Paul - is it my settings?

Please update your profile to show your real name, it is a condition of membership.

Thanks

James

3 Likes

Well said, Robert Hodge.
Some people spread their fears either in panic and some with dishonesty

Residence : https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/Le-ministere-de-l-Interieur-se-prepare-au-Brexit/Sejour

Will it be necessary for UK nationals to obtain a residence permit? What steps will it take to obtain a residence permit?
With withdrawal agreement

British nationals present in France before 31 December 2020 will have to apply for the new title provided for in the withdrawal agreement. They will be able to apply before the end of July 2021, under terms and conditions that will be specified later.

British citizens arriving in France after 1 January 2021 will have to apply for a common law title.

Without withdrawal agreement

It will be necessary to apply for a residence permit after the date of withdrawal from the United Kingdom of the European Union.

British nationals residing regularly in France before the date of withdrawal from the United Kingdom will have one year from the date of withdrawal to obtain a title under simplified terms. The application for title must be filed within a period to be specified by order in council.
During this period, their rights as regards residence, employment and all their social rights will be maintained.

What are the official criteria for British residents already living in France who would like to apply for a residence card?

The criteria will be the same as those currently used for the recognition of a right of residence for a national of the European Union. British nationals must prove that they fall into one of the following situations:

Either be employed (or have been employed and registered as a job seeker)
either have sufficient resources for oneself and one’s family, as well as health insurance
Either pursue education or professional training, and have health insurance
Either be a family member of a British national or of the European Union who has settled in France before 1 January 2021 and has a right of residence there (spouse, child, ascendant, partner, concubine or family member supported or in the household of a British or European Union national).

British nationals residing regularly in France before the date of withdrawal from the United Kingdom and present for more than 5 years on French territory will have access to a resident card.

British nationals residing regularly in France before the date of withdrawal from the United Kingdom and having less than 5 years presence will be able to apply for a residence permit under common law according to their situation (employed, temporary worker, self employed, retired, student, retired, third-country national, British family member) under light conditions.

Will the residence permits obtained before March 2019 still be valid after the March deadline?
Titles marked “European Union Citizen” obtained before the date of withdrawal from the United Kingdom of the European Union (which are not compulsory to possess) will continue to be valid until 31 December 2020. However, after that period, they will have to be replaced by the new title provided for in the agreement. Applications for title may be filed in accordance with a schedule to be specified at a later date and in any event until at least July 2021.
Residence permits obtained before the date of withdrawal from the United Kingdom of the European Union shall remain valid for a maximum of one year after that date. They will have to be exchanged during this period, including if it is a permanent residence card, which will allow British nationals to hold a new title corresponding to their situation.

Is a British national who has received a residence permit obliged to make arrangements to exchange it if he moves?
With or without withdrawal agreement
British nationals who have received a residence permit before the date of withdrawal from the United Kingdom of the European Union will be obliged to exchange it. On this occasion, they will be able to report their change of address.

Will residence permits issued in France allow mobility within other EU countries?
With or without withdrawal agreement
Residence permits issued in France will allow, in addition to the establishment in France, to circulate in the other States belonging to the Schengen area for periods not exceeding three months.

Cross-border treatment

Dunno it’s ok on my desktop and phone & was uploaded to SF, anyone else have problems?

1 Like

anyone else have problems?

Nope - what I see is a big green troll with a dollop of cummingsnot hanging from his nose :wink:

1 Like

What nose Graham? I can only see green troll “Moobs” :rofl:

1 Like

you weren’t looking in the right place Tracey…

I can see it now!

so my picture helped Geof :rofl:

1 Like

Hard to miss it - Gross! :nauseated_face: lol

1 Like

A ‘sorry’ affair because despite the ‘leave’ vote winning the referendum, some self-proclaimed democrats refuse to admit that we are all headed in the same direction, so why continue to squabble after 3 years, 83 days, 11 hours and 35 minutes ?
I would never have voted leave, but wasn’t asked for my opinion.
I signed the petition in March 2019, symbolically only, as I failed to see the point in questioning the choice of the majority, however slim it was. The answer is in the word ‘majority’
We’re living in an extremely interesting period, and we should make the most of it.

The French government is very clear. That hasn’t stopped the fearmongering :

Residence : https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/Le-ministere-de-l-Interieur-se-prepare-au-Brexit/Sejour

Cross-border treatment

What is your real name?

Gauguin ?

I like la baie de Marseille vue de l’Estaque :smiley: reminds me of home.

Yes. I speak apples and you answer oranges.