Can you cut grass on a Sunday?

Where I live (Croissy-sur-Seine, Yvelines, but all the other small towns around apply the same rule), you certainly can't use any mechanised garden equipment on Sundays (or fériés). I suspect it's more to do with ensuring professional Paysagistes get work. Like the ban on washing your car at home (every day, not just Sunday!) keeps the car washes in business. DIYers can drill away indoors, though!

Blimey, I bet any French person moving to the UK would get a shock on a Sunday, traditional grass cutting day, surely!!! Same goes for DIYers too!!

We are told not to cut grass on a Sunday,but they can hunt on a Sunday,so I do cut grass on a Sunday.

in our village Cernex, Haute Savoie NO you cannot cut grass on a Sunday (or a Jour Fériés) or use any electric tools that make noise outside. During the week including Saturday we are asked to respect quiet between 12 and 2pm as well.

I believe the rules of the village are on the Maire websites for the village.

It varies, but there are restrictions in a lot of towns and villages. The mairie is the best place to check

Ask at the Mairie, will depend on local regs. Here we are not supposed to use powered mowers after 12.00 on a Sunday but local farmers still get their tractors out when something has to be done.

1 Like