Can you identify this place?

Can anyone identify this chateau? I’m pretty sure it lies somewhere on the old route (before autoroutes) from Foix to Bort-les-Orgues to Blois - on one stretch of an over-ambitious one-week ‘tour de France’ in 1974 with friends. But I’m afraid that doesn’t exactly narrow it down! The photo was recently scanned from a slide hence not super quality.

Not uploaded Fleur.

1 Like

Thanks Simon, well-spotted! It’s there now.

1 Like
4 Likes

Thanks Paul - that was quick! And it looks like the town hasn’t changed at all in 44 years.

Thanks to Google reverse image search in this case.

Oh, I managed to perk up your pic a bit

3 Likes

Well done Paul… I was thinking, vaguely, that looks familiar… and, yep, now you have identified it…we did visit some years ago…

One of the drawbacks of going on organized tours, is that it is easy to forget exactly where we have been… :hugs::thinking:

That’s brilliant, thank you! I forgot about the Google reverse image search. It’s often pretty good.

Sometimes it is, a lot of the time if you feed a picture of a château you just get back pictures of châteaux in general, not the specific one that you are interested in - I was actually a little surprised at how well it worked in this case.

Thought I’d spend 10 more minutes with the perked version of the photo - de-noised, colour and contrast corrected, lifted the saturation as much as I dare before it starts to look completely unnatural, the worst of the dust flecks removed and sharpened a little. It is surprising what you can do with faded photos and slides with a little time and decent image editing tools. Updated version edited into the post above.

A very good result. Did you use Lightroom?

An old copy of Photoshop - CS5

Estaing in my old neck of the woods :wink: