Canon MG3500 PIXMA print error

Hi all,

I’m trying to get the printer at the school working again to save me walking across the entire school to the main printer.
I have worked out which error code it is, see photo joint, but I can’t find out how to fix it. It just says I need to contact the service centre.
Many moons ago I had a similar problem at home, but I managed to fix it by pressing the different buttons in a certain sequence.
Has anyone got any ideas? As it’s the holidays, going to the other end of the school means unlocking and relocking 3 doors along the way which is, to say the least, a pain… Merci :pray:

Hi Deedee
Does this video show what you remember?

and there’s also this one which follows what I immediately thought (without knowing the printer) to do a hard reset…

@graham thanks. The hard reset seems to have worked. I just need to try and reconnect it to the WiFi network now and I’m not sure I have the password. :woman_facepalming:t2:

I spoke too soon. Back to square one. I think it may well be kaput!! :woman_facepalming:t2:🤷

will the WiFi psw be in your phone?

Is it the same 7 flash error or a different one this time?

The same one but I’ve just realised that there is a problem with the paper feed. It doesn’t grab it properly every time. My boss told me she’d buy me a new one so I’m going with that option. :rofl:

best solution imo… in my experience, once they start to misbehave, it’s a downward slope and these days inkjets are two a penny! :wink:
If the paper transport is buggered, it probably indicates high usage and frustration pulling paper out of the machine…

Yes, I agree. From what I’ve seen and learnt, that would fit with my predecessor :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

1 Like

Seven flashes can mean several things one of which is that the ink cartridges are nit installed properly. It would be worth taking them out and reinserting and seating them properly.

If the seven flashes are alternately orange and green it can mean that the little felt pad under the cartridges is saturated. I have no idea how one would go about de-saturating it though.

stick it in the oven? :thinking:

Having had a look at mine I have no idea how I’d get the pad out. I don’t think putting the entire printer in the oven would have an entirely positive outcome, no matter how desaturated the mat became!

probably dry the pad out but confirm the decision to replace it when it becomes a sorry melted plastic mess… :wink:
In a non private environment, it’s not worth the hassle trying to get it fixed when there are so many newer (and probably cheaper more efficient) alternatives available.

There usually isn’t, built in obsolescence and all that.