Can't make sense of Orange mobile deal

Dear all

I’m trying to buy a new mobile. Since we already have Orange fibre + landline + 1 mobile, naturally looked at Orange.

The phone I want is a Samsung S20 – and since we are OAPs, want to pay for it on 24x monthly instalment terms – with a forfait “unbloqué” that includes unlimited calls to 3 specified numbers, unlimited SMS and a data allowance.

However, the Orange website seems to insist that if I want that phone I do not have any choice of forfait, but must have a bloqué deal which excludes the unlimited calls / SMS and will be very expensive if I go over the limits.

I’ve tried choosing phone first, then adding forfait, and the other way round. Getting nowhere.

Any suggestions. (BTW the reason for choosing the Samsung S20 is that I’ve had good advice about its Mac compatibility, which matters to us. And an iPhone is too expensive)

I had trouble getting the phone and deal I wanted on the Orange website and in the end went to one of their shops

I agree with @Ann_Cook: this is the best solution. The orange website is crammed with complicated offers, I get dizzy just thinking about it. It was designed by a nerd on crack cocaïne.

Expect a long wait at the ‘boutique’ though, there’s almost always a queue of people on the same mission as you, and nowhere to sit while you wait either. :slightly_frowning_face::crazy_face:

Edited to remind myself that visiting boutiques is a waste of time as they will be shut, and may end up with you being put in handcuffs and sent to a quarantine camp for the duration!

You could look at Sosh. It’s Orange with no frills.

As I see it you are asking for something that Orange doesn’t offer. They have the S20 either with specific, more expensive forfaits or on its own. For your needs you would have to buy it as a phone only and starting at €909 that makes it far more expensive than any iPhone I’ve ever bought.