Cant speak to orange.fr

It’s been cropping up a lot on various FB sites - normally in response to when we get fibre in … and I know prices dropped recently. It’s pricey for me so never looked much further - but I’m not running my business these days so…

100MBs is rough average reported speeds for it outside of the Musk fanboys - dropping to 50 if lots of people have it locally.

Ah! The actual numbers are crucial to me. I have been trawling thru’ my per monthlies and chipping away at them in order to make the inevitable additional bung that will do me a basic medical mute.

It struck me, on a thread recently discussing medical mutes and such, that the discussion would simply not be happening in UK.

A pal, long time res of Lot & Garronne, went down with a h/a whilst on hols with family in Glouc. "I woke up in I.C.U. a non-smoker … "

Total treatment, stents, the full Monty, annual check-ups … sin dinero. There did come a point, some years down the line, when the hospital in Cheltenham said, “I think we should now pass you into the hands of your local health service”

Ugh, I feel your pain. We’ve been waiting for years for Orange to make fibre available in our town. Bizarrely they initially deployed it in many villages surrounding the town we live in. Then when they finally did start they deployed it very randomly, not prioritising the most densely populated streets.

It was recently made available for our house so I immediately signed up. Their engineers came and, after several failed attempts, gave up and left us without fibre or ADSL. They’re coming back again on Tuesday to try yet again… Fingers crossed it works this time.

Hello, we are in 37 - Val De Loire Fibre were in charge of putting our fibre in and did so around 18-24 months ago. We then received an info leaflet in letterbox advising that we should be able to connect. We booked an RDV with Orange to do this. But unfortunately our neighbour (a new build property, built since the planning of the fibre) took our connection (we think lied and used our address but that is another story!) so we were left as the only house in the village without access to fibre. Orange told us there was nothing they could do, it was not possible to take our box back now it had been connected to the neighbour, and it was up to the Fibre installer to deal with it.

Thankfully we have a helpful marie who wrote to Centre Val de Loire fibre to request a new connection for our house - this was back in December last year. We received confirmation from the Marie that a connection has been installed recently for our neighbour and we will all now be able to connect to fibre via the correct connections - it’s now on my list to speak to Orange and get it sorted!

I guess what I am trying to say, is maybe it’s worth it to go back to the marie to find out who installed / is installing the fibre in your commune (ie who Orange have deployed) and ask them to contact them to try to expedite your connection.

Here is the email the mairie got from the Val de Loire fibre that they forwarded on to me… maybe this guy can help you find your fibre people…

Bonjour,

Dans le cadre du suivi de mes demandes en cours, je viens de constater la création effective d’un numéro “NEIGHBOURS ADDRESS” sur le serveur d’éligibilité de notre délégataire Val de Loire Fibre.

Cela signifie que Orange devrait pouvoir à présent raccorder tout le monde à la fibre optique dans le secteur, si ce n’est déjà fait, chacun à la bonne adresse…

Je ferme ce dossier mais je reste à votre écoute en cas de souci.

Cordialement,

Frédéric LE BENOIST

Chargé d’affaires FttH pour l’Indre-et-Loire

Syndicat Mixte Ouvert “Val de Loire Numérique”

Tél. : 02 4731 4323 (bureau Tours)

Port. : 06 4830 9909

www.valdeloirenumerique.fr

PS on starlink - a friend back in the UK uses Starlink - he is a surgeon and lives in deepest darkest Sussex - during the pandemic he needed fast connection and good resolution to look at xrays and scans on his computer at home and their internet wasn’t up to scratch. He installed starlink and apparently it did the trick.

Thanks for the advice Melsie.
ive emailed the Maire and this was there response( below)…so we will see…
I have looked at the website you mention, but they didnt install in our area - however I hope the Maire may be able to forward onto the right people.
ill keep you all posted as to the outcome.

Bonjour Monsieur,

Demande bien reçue et transmise ce jour au service concerné.

Une réponse vous parviendra prochainement.

Cordialement.

Pour le Maire, Luc LOUIS,

L’Adjoint Administratif,

Carole POUYADOUX.

Mairie O lonza c

I have similar issues with remote backup and file synchronisation, as well with online submissions and payments to administration websites with which I work. These websites often have very short inactivity timeouts, with the result that I have been kicked off, or else the operation has borked mid-submission, or the payment hung and caused the whole submission process to end in a purgatory from which only a call to tech support at the administration is able to resolve, generally not within the timeframe required for the time sensitive submission.

I’d stay clear of orange. I took up their offer to CHANGE to fibre. They continued to steal money from my bank account for they old ADSL account until I noticed they were doing it. Now because I cancelled the virement for the old contract they have sent a debt collector after me. They keep asking for a copy of the letter to cancel the first account. As it was done through orange’s website and their offer to CHANGE there is no letter. Anyone that has changed to fibre I would suggest you check to see if they bothered to cancel your old account. I have now changed from orange altogether and the new provider has cancelled the orange account for me, something orange didn’t do when I just changed contracts with them.

A slightly different issue? Orange came to install fibre today. Said they couldnt as box was on neighbours wall ( its a cafe) and they’d have to give written permission as would the immediate next door neighbour. I am slightly worried this could prove difficult? Especially as i dont know owner of next door house as it is intermittently rented. Can neighbours refuse permission for fibre to come from their box? Is there a financial issue? Thanks