Car Insurance problem with AXA agent

Anthony - please make sure you reinstate your surname before posting again - thanks C.

Something that may (or may not!) be of help is this:

http://www.planet.fr/assurances-votre-assureur-est-trop-cher-envoyez-le-balader.553490.1554.html?xtor=ES-1-556792[Planet-a-la-Une]-20140222

Essentially, since mid feb this year there's been a new law in France - la loi Hamon - which states that you can cancel your insurance at any time after the first full year of the contract, with one month's notice (lettre recommande advised). Probably can't be applied retrospectively but useful to know for future reference perhaps.

Get in touch with me about this. Incidentally I have a very senior contact in the AXA Press office and there has been far too much of this sort of thing going on. I would suggest that you scan all the relevant documents and create a file which you could send to me if you are agreeable.

In the first instance make me a friend so that I can send you my email address. I should mention that I am an automotive journalist.

Great feedback thanks; My real argument is with the agent who did not contact me once, despite phone calls emails and letters, even the local AXA office couldnt get hold of him!I was even worried he might be ill or have a family crisis! What angers me is that as I assumed the cars were not insured, I hired a car as I didnt want to take the risk of driving an uninsured car! when I moved to Spain.....anyway not giving up on this one, I know with any company there are good and bad stories , but thank goodness I didnt have an expensive medical claim which they might have ignored! Also I have never in my life had debts with an agency being employed to chase me so feel very bad about this....

Last letter to the Branch by a/r stating you will be calling on the 'MEDIATEUR de LA REPUBLIQUE' (There should be a local office near you) regarding the business errors.

Regarding the 'racism' (actually it's discrimination, and it's quite difficult to prove) - same procedure, or the 'European Médiateur' can be used.

Bad service has no address to address the problem, apart from the AXA Central Offices.

If you have proof (ie written proof from AXA that the affair is sorted out) simply ignore any further letters and let them (if they wish) take you to court!

Take a lawyer, pay him'her and leave it all in his/her hands, then try to get your costs back from AXA via your lawyer!

Axa are dreadful. i had similar problems and ended up writing to their head office (by registered letter) and later to the insurance tribunal who eventually ruled in my favour and ordered Axa to pull their finger out and pay me back.

I do feel for you Steve - we had huge problems with cancelling our AXA insurances - we moved everything to our local credit agricole bank but even with them working on our behalf it took over two years to get all the policies cancelled and taken over. The final straw came when the AXA agency wrote a letter to my bank manager basically the agent saying she had a stack of paperwork to deal with, she had had enough of 'all this work' and had no intention of signing off the insurances because she was just too busy! My bank manager was finally so incensed that she contacted AXA head office which I think is in Lyon, copying them the letter and saying she had never come across such a ridiculous situation and the Head Office finally closed my insurances down. The whole thing was a total disaster. I would say - get other people involved to help CLCV sound like a good idea.

I have insured up to 15 cars at a time with AXA over the last 5 years with absolutely NO PROBLEMS as described in the original posting! In fact, having moved back down to Nice from Deauville, I was considering using a local agent here, but decided the service I was getting was so exemplary up North, I would stay with them. One small claim paid out immediately, a rescue service par to none (in France) - so, OK , they aren't the cheapest, but I want decent cover, not hassle or small print nonsense - maybe I'm just lucky?? I seriously have nothing to compalin about the service from AXA!!

Hi,

I have just discovered the consumer association CLCV. They have offices throughout france, and I think can help mediate in cases like this. Good Luck

I have been having exactly the same problem with AXA for almost a year now....Its completely unbelieveable how an international company can be so out of touch with their customers ;;;;I moved from France to Spain last August , had no replies from the LR and emails I sent to the agent when I gave notice to cancel my insurances in April ,nor from the AXA offices ; this included not just the three car insurances but also health insurance for two people and house insurance;silly thing was I was hoping to continue using AXA in Spain and now I wouldnt touch them with a barge pole;; the health and house insurance problems were eventually settled despite AXA still debiting my account, then sending threatening letters, one that even arrived the same time as a reimbursement ! the car insurance problems seem to has escalated , despite me selling two cars and re registering one on Spanish plates, which I have notified them about , and with constant threats of judicial action I have been paying what I have felt is ok just to get them off my back....finally told by the client relations dept which I think has to re define the meaning of the words client, and relations ,that if I paid one hundred and something euros this mess would be finished as long as I sent a French translation of the new Spanish registration of my existing car! I replied this could be impossible!well this week got another judicial demand for 650 euros which seems to have come from out of the sky ; I am now looking at taking my own legal action against AXA to get whatever monies I have sent to them these last nine months to be reimbursed . I feel a bit like a dog with the bone now and angry with their terrible treatment; this could happen to some very vulnerable lady or man who could be taken to the cleaners by this company; by the way someone mentioned contacting the mediator well I sent him/ her a dossier re the problem and never heard a thing what a surprise! I have had the most wonderfl love affair with France the past ten years, but AXA has turned the whole dream sour! Merci AXA

Hi, Margo and John, thanks foryour input. Just to let you know where I am with this. I did a search for Customer service AXA on the net and got a direct hit and the "CEO "Redefining/customer relations" So i sent an email to him with a 6 line brief outline of my complaint. I got an email back the next day saying basically "not my job" so another email back highlighting the logo redefining /customer relations and asked that in the spirit of customer relations he might put me in touch, forward the message or give me a name. He replied he was unable to help directly, he was in Mauritius (they are based there) but he gave me the email address for the CEO France so I have emailed him. I wait with "worm on tongue" (baited breath) Anyway thank you again for your advise etc. I will let you know what happens.

Cheers

Steve

AXA have a mediator to whom you can send complaints. They are totally independent.

Address is Monsieur le Mediateur auprès d'AXA France Terrasse4-313 Terrasses de l'Arche-92727 NANTERRE CEDEX.

I have the same problem with AXA. Cancelled my Assurance Sante 2 months ago. All sent off LRAR to the Head Office. They completely ignored this and continued taking prelevements from my AXA bank Account. Phoned the agent who didn't want to know. Cancelled the prelevement with my Bank, they are still writing demanding payments. 4 months after. The agent has completely ignored several telephone calls and letters. When I phone Head Office, they say phone the agent. Completely hopeless!!

Dear Steve,
I would greatly appreciate it if you can let me have the email address or contact details for the Axa CEO please. I have a major problem with their customer service and have hunted for months to find it. I then sent an email to which bounced back. I also found another email address that I emailed, and received a reply thanking me for my email and they would be in touch soon. That was in July 20202 and still haven’t heard from them. I’ve also trawled the internet for the Axa car insurance complaints dept to no avail. And called dozens of numbers in France and each time have been told that this isn’t the right dept. And given another number to call, only to be told the same again.

My email address is dwemon@me.com and phone number is +44 78 999 84888. I’m also on WhatsApp.

Best regards,

David.

Hello David, It’s not a good idea to have your personal details on an open forum like this one - anyone can see them. It would be a good idea to edit your post (the little pencil image) and remove them.
I suggest you send a private message. Unfortunately this is an eight year old thread. So the person you are trying to contact may not be around.
Maybe someone else is able to point @Dwe112112 in the right direction?

1 Like

Go into the nearest Axa office and have a hissy fit? Polite of course, but obdurate. Keep repeating that you wish to be given contact details for the chief exec’s office.

@Dwe112112 as outlined by @SuePJ please edit your post and remove the personal email and telephone details.
If you are having a problem with that, contact @cat Team and I’m sure she will do it for you.

Thanks Sue, I can’t find the little pencil to edit those details out! Can you say more about how to do it please? Thanks. David.

Hi Cat, I’ve been asked to edit my contact details for my recent post. But I’m new to this forum. I’ve been advised to request that you can do it for me. Thanks.

@Dwe112112
Hi David
Underneath your post there is a pencil icon (that icon is only available to the author of a post and not otherwise seen).

Click on that and you will be able to edit your post to remove the details as suggested. Then click on Save Edit to complete the task.