Caravan Needed

We are coming over in May to sign the final paperwork on a property in Les Adjots, Ruffec, 16700. Looking to buy a caravan or static caravan to use whilst we do the initial renovation work. Any suggestions of where to look for one please…we looked on Angloinfo and Leboncoin without much luck so far.
TIA

Posts like this on a few forums are a good idea. I sold a caravan to someone who was doing the same. I was glad to get rid of it and sold it at a mutually benifical price. I explained to the buyer that although it looked sound it had been immobile on a field for between fifteen and twenty years and would need a proper overhaul if it was to be used as a touring van. I hope he passed on the same information when he advertised it for sale at five times the price a couple of months later. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will ask friends where they got their static from… to use during their recent rebuild.

Incidentally, It’s possible that you will need permission, from the Mairie, to place a caravan/static. In many areas permission is given to cover the period of the work/rebuild and said van has to go asap when all is finished.

Yes permission does have to be sought, (so I believe) and it won’t hurt to ask, we can live in the house initially whilst we wait for permission. Trying to get organised now rather than rushing when we do arrive.

Hello David (Dave 2)
Exciting times ahead, try one of the FB groups for your area. Try tapping in things for sale in department 16 and there should be some results.
Do you know anyone already in the area who could put a wanted ad in the local supermarkets ?
Good luck with the move :slight_smile:

Hi, unfortunately we don’t know anyone in the area we are as the say “new meat” but I will investigate the Facebook search.
Thank you

You could have a look in our Classified ads Facebook group or put a wanted ad there :slight_smile:

Or Facebook Marketplace (if you have it).

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace

Well James thats something I missed along the way. Thank you for the ‘heads-up’. Or maybe I have been having more senior moments !:thinking:

1 Like

Thank you, I will definitely look at them James

1 Like

It’s not available to everyone yet!

1 Like

I have a Coachman Amara caravan two berth in excellent condition which l want to sell. Currently at my French property 20 mins Ruffec. If interested please text Uk mobile 07591506817