Carte de sejour . A very long wait

A ‘permanent resident card’ has to be renewed every 10 years.

Thanks for the post.we have still not heard anything from Angouleme. I think they are waiting too. Its a bit nerve racking none the less. Hearing all the crap that’s going on in England does not fill me with optimism.

Not according to this page, it is of unlimited duration.

Not sure I understand your post. Where did @tim17 say anything different?

@graham
Tim’s reply : “A permanent resident card has to be renewed every 10 years.”
Apparently, it doesn’t, according the Service Public page.

This has been covered before.
We have permanent resident cards but there is a 10 year expiry date so…
Not dissimilar to the new style photo card driving licences (UK and France) which, whilst not expiring per se, need to be renewed after 10 years. The entitlement persists but the card has to be renewed.

1 Like

Go on Graham, say it - ‘Tim was right’.:grinning:

1 Like

Come on boys, play nicely :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is us playing nice.:grinning:

1 Like

Tim wasn’t wrong… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll take that.:wink:

1 Like

Where? on the chin? ! :laughing:

:broom:
Don’t ask…

An update to my previous post on getting a permanent resident’s card. I received my “convocation” about 10 days ahead of the date, to appear at the Prefecture (63) at a fixed date and time, and was informed via a handwritten addition to the summons that I also had to bring with me 10 years worth of Avis d’Impôts (originals and copies thereof). As the handwritten addition didn’t mention which kind of Avis d’Impôts, I had to trawl through as many records as I could find including the various Taxes d’Habitation and Taxes Foncières…suffice to say that that made for a rather large wad of paper. Why the Prefecture can’t simply get in touch with the tax office is beyond me, but anyway I digress. Turned up on the appointed day and time, and then waited 30 mins beyond the allotted time (so much for appointments) to be seen. In all fairness, when I was seen, the chap dealing with my application apologised for the delay, and then asked to see the various documents. I had to explain why a few of the originals were missing (divorce, moving house), but that was accepted as sufficient, and I’d also brought with me even older ISR, TH, and TF avis just in case…Turns out, he was only interested in the revenue tax statements (avis ISR). Next step was signing a form containing my details with my usual signature in a box with my already scanned picture next to it, and having my fingerprints taken with a somewhat recalcitrant fingerprint scanner, which turned out to be the reason for the delay whilst waiting for the previous applicant to be dealt with. Then I was told I would be getting a EU permanent resident card at no cost (pleasant surprise). However, the chap did warn me that he didn’t know whether or not, and if so, for how long, this card would be valid if Brexit did actually happen. In all probability, he said "The card would probably be no longer valid, but would allow me to complete the soon to be defined online/smartphone application process to obtain a special kind of resident’s permit that was being designed for British residents only as an exception (woohoo, lucky me), but as yet they (the Prefecture) had no further details other than what he had just said, and that it would cost around 100 Euros when and if it did finally come into existence. I also asked about my wife’s application, and was told that she would be receiving her letter in the “near” future (unspecified) as it was being handled by a different department (1st time EU card application) to mine. Now I just have to wait until the Prefecture lets me know that the card is ready and go and pick it up (8 weeks or so).

We have had our emails from the Prefecture. (16) and a letter a few days later confirming our appointment for this Friday. They want the acte de vente for our house, my wife’s birth cert. and current passports. Says if we are more than 5 mins late appointment will be cancelled.
We’ve been here for 12 years.

@renard What we did Ian was arrive early and parked in the covered market underground car park and walked up to the Chat Noir restaurant for a coffee. It’s then only a short walk to the Prefecture from there which meant we were bang on time.

How long are people waiting on average to hear anything ? My dossier went in in January and not a dickybird, I’ve sent a question through their system and no response. This was Angouleme

To clarify re “permanent resident cards” and their validity, it depends what kind you have. Most of us seem to be getting the ones that say “citoyen UE” on them, in which case this is the current position as per the government website:
https://brexit.gouv.fr/sites/brexit/accueil/vous-etes-britannique/droit-au-sejour.html

"Les titres de séjour obtenus avant la date de retrait du Royaume-Uni de l’Union européenne seront-ils toujours valables après cette date ?

• Avec accord de retrait

Les titres portant la mention « citoyen Union européenne » obtenus avant la date de retrait du Royaume-Uni de l’Union européenne (dont la possession n’est pas obligatoire) continueront à être valables jusqu’au 31 décembre 2020. En revanche, au-delà de cette période, ils devront être remplacés par le nouveau titre prévu par l’accord. Les demandes de titre pourront être déposées selon un calendrier qui sera précisé ultérieurement et en tout état de cause au moins jusqu’en juillet 2021.

Sans accord de retrait

Les titres de séjour obtenus avant la date de retrait du Royaume-Uni de l’Union européenne resteront valables pendant un an maximum. Leurs titulaires devront toutefois demander un nouveau titre correspondant à leur nouveau statut dans un délai de six mois à compter de la date du retrait, y compris s’il s‘agit d’une carte de séjour permanent, ce qui permettra aux ressortissants britanniques de détenir un nouveau titre correspondant à leur situation."

My wife and I applied end of January 2019 (63). My wife is still waiting to hear from them. I was told at my appointment that it is because she is a first time applicant and those applications are being managed by a different unit (the whole “Service des Etrangers” is only 12 staff in Clermont Ferrand according to the head of department). I am now waiting to be told when my card is ready, whereas my wife is stressing about what has happened to her application. We know it is in the system because I asked the guy handling my case when I went for my appointment.

My personal guess is that the Prefecture 63 is sitting on first time applications to see whether Brexit actually happens.