Carte de sejour . A very long wait

The devil’s in the detail, Dan.

Well put :wink:

This is slightly easier to follow…

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/Le-ministere-de-l-Interieur-se-prepare-au-Brexit/Sejour#113660_children

1 Like

Not my statement Dan,
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/Le-ministere-de-l-Interieur-se-prepare-au-Brexit/Sejour

1 Like

Just chuckling about the on-line…

I understand that the Staff are not going to do anything with the submitted dossiers until after Brexit actually happens… which leaves me wondering if they will be telling us that our submitted documents are out of date… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: due to the recent extension…:zipper_mouth_face:

This is incorrect, things have moved on.

https://contacts-demarches.interieur.gouv.fr/brexit/brexit-residence-permit-application/

This is where you are now although some adjustment will be made if there is a deal. Nobody should have been applying for a CdS EU/EAA/Suisse since this portal was opened.
Surely Stella you yourself have used this.

Dan… the on-line was opened on a trial basis in September and subsequently made available across France.

I have already said that I used this on-line, recently, and then reported how I got on.

Not everyone is able to do on-line stuff and many have already made postal applications for the EU CdS (and received it) so as to have something solid in their hands - it will be usable for quite some time after Brexit (I forget how long)… but they will eventually have to swap it.

I give up. France has moved on, you appear to be stuck in a rut. Mark Rimmer can apply online through the Interior Ministry’s portal for the CdS that he will require after Brexit even though that application will not be processed until Brexit has been achieved. The opening of that site was in recognition that it is pointless for Britons to go through the time consuming and expensive (for the prefecture) process of applying for a CdS EU.
Search for RIFT online or on FB, their site has all of the details.

2 Likes

If this is the case I wish they would tell us, friends who also applied last January at Angouleme have been told to reapply online, but they can’t get their original dossiers back.

Barrie… I am not talking about Dossiers which have been posted or hand delivered. I am talking about new, on-line applications using the special Brit/Brexit link.

When this new (online) service was being discussed on the French government sites - it was stated quite clearly that the dossiers could be put together and zapped over using this new system, but would not be looked at until after Brexit actually happens. (which was expected to be 31st October)

So Stella, as my dossier is at Angouleme since January , would you suggest reapplying online? Or just wait?
We won’t hear any news about leaving The EU until January at the earliest, and that’s if someone gets a majority either way.

Difficult one… if they have not acknowledged its receipt… they might not have received it. :thinking:

So, perhaps you could have a go at doing the online… nothing ventured…:wink:

That’s true, I sent it tracked so it arrived ( on advise from the mairie) but not signed for.

Could be wrong but I seem to recall that one of the first questions the online system asks you is if you are starting a fresh application or whether you have a dossier ‘en cours’.

Quote: "
Are you carrying out your first residence permit request thanks to this online service, or is this further to your previous request?*
First request Further to

Enter “Further to” if this is following an initial request, the prefecture requested additional documents"

As Barrie has not received any request (or acknowledgement) from his Prefecture… I think it might be in order for him to click on the “first request” little thingy… and go on from there it will certainly be his first online request - which is what they are asking… :upside_down_face:

Please go to the RIFT pages and take advantage of their work. They have explained the ‘Is this your first application’ question after talking to the Ministry of the Interior. The reason for the question is quite simple, your first application is when you first complete the online application. The en cours option allows you to edit the information you have already uploaded and to add extra information. It has nothing to do with any application you have made at a prefecture.
Any application at the prefecture will have been for the CdS that all British Citizens resident in France have been entitled to even though they have not required it as, until Brexit they are EU citizens, the CdS UE/EAA Suisse. It has been issued at no cost. The online application is for the different CdS that all British Citizens resident in France will NEED to have within a year of the Brexit date. It is a different CdS and in the event of a no deal will cost €119 although it will be free if there is a deal. The reason for a fee or not is very simple. I do know what I’m talking about, I still do not understand why my advice has been ignored.
If Brexit happens Barry will need to apply online whatever happens with his application through the prefecture. As most prefectures have ceased processing applications until they hear what happens with Brexit it is unlikely that he will receive a CdS UE/EAA Suisse before Brexit but if he does, some departments like La Vienne are still processing them, he will be able to take advantage of the slightly simpler online application route that will require a copy of that CdS and his passport to proceed. If he does not receive the CdS UE/EAA Suisse before six months after Brexit he will have to have completed an online application where he has to provide more information to prove his five years plus residence. Please look at the RIFT pages, here you are reinventing the wheel badly.

2 Likes

Isn’t this what I have just been saying, Dusty ???

In your last post? Yes, possibly but overall in this thread you have shown that you yourself are not particularly up to date. As I have said RIFT are. I began preparing my answer in reply to Anna’s post so if we said the same thing, good, that’s great. Please look at the information in my post and consider why I have gone into so much detail, for some reason my highlighting a mistake made by Mark Rimmer has been rubbished even though what I have written is correct.

1 Like

I’ve not seen you being rubbished… I have seen you being answered with details and information which you may or may not have been aware of…

Quite possibly you and I and others have been seeing things at cross-purposes to each other, since there are many French Gov sites which carry loads of information that not many Brits/people bother to read (for whatever reason) . :upside_down_face:

Mostly, my info comes from French sites rather than English - but I agree that there are many useful English sites available for folk to use/learn from.

I disagree. My original post contained the correct information, you have pushed it aside. As I say forget me, I’m fed up with this site, go to RIFT that is THE PLACE. They have worked very hard to simplify the process, have great contacts and are up to date.