Carte de Sejour - documents required for application

Grahame,

What reference is that? Nothing in your post.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

:roll_eyes: click on the word “this” in the post which is in blue… it’s a link and it does work.

facts given by me and many others which you just ignore. Are you really just here to cause a nuisance?

get rid

1 Like

You can lead a horse to water but they will reply like a narcissistic toddler and tell you not to print their words at the same time.
I’ve just answered a question I just asked on another thread. Printer paper. Of course you need to bring some with you to aFrance, how will you manage to print all those words of wisdom without it?

1 Like

Andrew,

You think there isn’t a problem.

But people who are working in France and other EU27 countries are facing practical problems about proving their right to reside/work every day.

As you say it is all a pile of poo. But the situation we are in isn’t the fault of us Brits or the UK government. It is purely down to the French government.

It might not be a problem for you but it is a problem for many UK citizens working in France, owning property or businesses in France or with family in France.

Best, Grahame.

Grahame Pigney

get rid… or are you incapable of performing a simple task?

Jane,

Of course I’ve noticed there is a pandemic. That is why I have been shielding since March.

But, this problem goes back several year, if not a decade.

I do not have proof I am a legal resident in France because the French Government will not provide the proof.

Best, Grahame.

Grahame Pigney

If it’s such a great problem why have none o& the people I know experienced it? You have as many rights as you would if you had a nice little plastic card in your wallet, what makes you so insecure without one?

David there has indeed been a “little problem called Covid-19”.

But the lackadaisical approach by the French government denying us a CdS goes back several years if not decades.

I do not “hate” France as you assert. I Live here because I want to. I, and my family, just want the French Government to provide me with documentation that I am entitled o live and work here.

Why do you assume that I “hate” France? You have no evidence.

Grahame Pigney

Grahame,

What link?

Grahame Pigney

Graham,

Why are you so offensive and un helpful?

Grahame Pigney

You seem so unhappy here. You almost seem to have a vendetta against the French government. I looked back at some posts you had written a while ago and you implied that you had won and you were off to get your card. What happened?
I know a huge number of people who live and work in France without needing a CdS. Why are you and your family any different to them?

PS You May Print This Out If You Want.

3 Likes

some people are beyond help.
Kindly point out where I have been “offensive”.
Did you click on the link I helpfully provided?
and just to prove how helpful I am, here is another link you might certainly find helpful… Just click on the word “here” in blue :wink: It’s called a hyperlink…
Oh, and here is another one…

1 Like

grahame, surely the problem is the fact that the uk has willingly foregone the rights and privileges of eu membership; - their choice - even if it wasn’t your personal one - as with many others on this site;

the 'fault" is undoubtedly that of the uk - they were not booted out by the eu or even asked to leave;

you regrettably and again as with others here are ‘collateral damage’ and as far as i can tell france is behaving admirably over the whole thing; consider the stasi british home office by comparison;

2 Likes

"I would be a fool if I thought that turning up on New Year’s Eve was the same thing." Leaving aside the perjorative expression of this notion, who indeed would think that?

As I have said before ," arriving tomorrow would be preferable to arriving on 30/12/2020."

The USP of the centralised online application office is, presumably, to make the process free of ‘postcode lotto’ taking “an intractable functionnaire who wants absolute proof” out of the loop.

[Can proof be absolute? I would have thought that proof, like pregancy, is not subject to gradation. Proof is proof.]

“This has been a long time coming” It has. But individual circumstances play a part in when someone is able to start out on this.

To illustrate that anyone coming late to this is not necessarily “a fool”, in my case I had to pass thru’ a date on the calendar, 16/01/2020, which closed the period - 4 years! - when local gov here in VLC could demand a supplementary retrospective charge of ‘property purchase tax’ [UK Stamp Duty].

This has happened to many people who bought at the bottom of the market because the local tax offices deemed the rock-bottom price was some sort of fiddle, as it was lower than the historic valuations held in their records. The depth of the crash was ignored and these supplementaries ran into many thousands, for some people.

Having got past this date unscathed by town hall banditos, I put my flat on the mkt. Three weeks later - lockdown.

Just do some research on a few expat forums dating back to November/December 2019, there were a lot of people planning to scrape in at the very last minute. Questions were asked like, ‘Is there anywhere I can register my arrival in Calais on 31st December to prove that I was in France before the deadline?’ I have only moved to a different country twice in my life and both times planning the move was started in good time.
As I see it France is being very supportive of people already resident who want will need a CdS but at the end of 2019 proved they still wanted to establish that applications could be backed up by proof. As I said before it’s a bit more than putting on your fancy dress and impressing somebody behind a desk.

This is simply NOT true.

These have always been available until very recently when prefectures (very sensibly imo) stopped issuing them because they would need to be replaced in any case.

As someone who has been working in France on a freelance basis since 2002 and who only bothered getting a CDS in 2018, and who has never found the lack of a card a barrier to finding work, I find your assertions all a bit incomprehensible.

10 Likes

makes me wonder if there is some other reason not being disclosed by Grahame in the background :thinking:
He’s not been able to convince the community here and just as likely, he’s not been able to convince the prefecture about his legal status in France… Why else would they refuse to issue a CdS (over the past 20 years) [sic]?
It’s not clear where he lives; and earlier posts suggest Occitanie - if someone else on this forum lives there and has a CdS, it would make it even more bizarre! In this post:

I think it could have been Simon Armstrong and if so, I know that Simon had a CdS (he posted a copy of it on SF).

There were several Prefectures which refused to issue CdS. It was a very strange situation, we didn’t need them, but were entitled to them, a fact which some Prefectures refused to admit.

You are quite right Cat, we didn’t need them, but had the right to one. I am sure I can remember here when it was SFN, so some time ago,reading that certain Prefectures were refusing to issue them.

That may be so but at the end of the day there was quite a substantial cost to producing a CdS which gave the holder no additional rights to those that they already enjoyed. I was actually quite disappointed when my department continued issuing cartes long after they knew that they would need to be replaced in the near future.
In Grahame’s case he claims that not having a CdS has had a negative impact on his wife and son being able to get work. That’s certainly not been the case in my experience.
I was interested to see that in previous posts he believed that he had not only won the battle but had won the war itself. It seems he was mistaken.