Carte de Sejour - documents required for application

Graham, I understand your position. However, please do not blame the French. It is not the French taking us out of Europe but Boris Johnson’s Conservative party. Aim you anger at them. Thank you.

5 Likes

Linda,

Why not blame the French, it is actually their fault that they haven’t issued us with a Carte de Sejour and keep deferring issuing them.

We applied years ago for one and the prefecture refused to issue one saying EU citizens didn’t need them and therefore they didn’t issue them.

Over a year ago we applied again, put the dossier together for the three of us, it was accepted by the prefecture and then they decided not to issue them because the withdrawal negotiations were still ongoing, then the withdrawal date was deferred, now the future status of the EU/UK’s relationship is not settled.

If they had issued a CdS UE when asked there would not be a problem and all we would have to do is trade it in for the post-Brexit CdS when France eventually decides what it is going to do.

Obviously France and the other EU member states aren’t to blame for Brexit and I have never said they are. But France is responsible for the shambles about issuing CdSs to UK citizens resident in France

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

Oh my goodness it is like banging ones head against a brick wall. You really need to take a step back and chill out about this - you WILL be issued with the card when the system opens. Until now you have NOT required one therefore weren’t issued one BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION. I was told the same thing nearly 20 years ago as I’m sure many have over the years. WE HAVE NOT NEEDED A TITRE DE SEJOUR AS EU CITIZENS.

And again BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION the delay is caused by the fact that the UK is making a total balls up of Brexit NOT because of the French.

I’ve stayed out of replying to you until now and just been amused by it all but seriously this is starting to get very annoying. You need to stop flogging the horse - he is well and truely dead.

You will get your card in good time along with the rest of us.

6 Likes

I am aware of others who have managed to get a CdS post Brexit so this is clearly a local problem affecting you. I am sure that, in your position I also would be aggrieved/worried until I got my hands on the necessary documentation but I have no doubt that you will eventually be made official.

I’m pretty certain the local nature of your difficulties has been pointed out previously so I’m not sure why you persist in saying “Why not blame the French, it is actually their fault that they haven’t issued us with a Carte de Sejour” as though it were an national decision to make life difficult for Brits.

To be fair the stated reason for not issuing a CdS UE prior to June 2016 is correct, is it not?

Although they were “a thing” they were not actually required  for anything were they?

And the stated reason for not issuing a CdS between June 24th 2016 and (as it now turns out) Oct 1st is not exactly impossible to understand even if it is frustrating.

So, err, hang on in there and I’m sure it will all work out in the end :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@anon65742194
Have you been this vituperative about us at the Prefecture? Possibly that won’t have speeded anything up…

6 Likes

Oh dear, @vero, prior experience with polysyllabic constructions suggests that the v-word will whistle through the canyons of Grahame’s grey matter without leaving a neural trace.

“Hoity-toity” or possibly “snooty” might have made more of a mark on his cerebrum, but I may well be wrong. :thinking::innocent:

2 Likes

Apparently vituperative ranks N° 244576 in rank of frequently used words in English.

If we’re looking for a short word to express Véro’s feelings then “rude” should do - “scathing”, “dismissive”, “abrasive”, “abusive” and “unpleasant” might be possible, though longer alternatives.

I’m afraid “hoity-toity” or “snooty” are just too genteel, Peter :slight_smile:

Oy vay!

2 Likes

Best Yiddish equivalent anyone…?!

What a fabulous word :rofl: I’m afraid I’ll be admitting my ignorance by both not knowing it’s meaning and never having used it!

Trust Véro to punish my typos mercilessly :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Her invoice for the tutorial is in the post :wink:

1 Like

I blame the spelling checker for not realising what I meant  to say when my fingers got in a kerfuffle (see, it doesn’t even know the word kerfuffle).