Carte de Séjour - Family Member of EU citizen -feedback

[quote=“MCA, post:79, topic:37979”]
Before, if you had a speeding ticket you had to get a French license so they could nick your points. Which is obviously not the case now.
[/quote]

You have a virtual points account. They make it with the details on your carte grise. If you are about to get a point back you get a letter telling you. If you are down to 4 they tell you you can buy them back by going on a course. They can also take away the licence.

1 Like

Ahhh…that is how it works.

That’s exactly the kind of mistake I would make! Thanks

1 Like

Just managed to do my property declaration
I finally managed to find my old numéro fiscal from the previous time we lived in France. Tried impôts and told to connect using France connect. France connect told me to download the app YRIS to verify my identity which is something I always have difficulty with. But this app was very easy to use so established my identity very quickly. France connect then created my space on impôts and enabled me to create a password for impôts. I logged into impôts and made my property declaration, all very easy to my surprise!
So I feel my initial paperwork is complete after moving to France 18 months ago. Now I need to decide on whether I should continue with my mutuelle and look into whether CSS would be of any help for the hefty payments. My OH has no mutuelle so we have become aware of various treatment costs just having CPAM and we’ve been surprised at how low they have been so far, 10 Euros for an X ray 12 Euros for a physio session. One thing I have learnt is that it is much easier to pay for hospital treatment immediately rather than pay the full amount later and then try to claim back.

Geoffrey, if your household income is below €19680 a year you will both be eligible for the CSS with a small contribution (something like €20 a month). Last year people on S1’s were banned from applying, but this has now been overturned. The completely free CSS. Is for (eg) a couple with joint income less than €14578.

A link to the application is on this webpage which explains the scheme.

https://www.complementaire-sante-solidaire.fr/plafond-complementaire-sante-solidaire#:~:text=En%202023%2C%20le%20plafond%20de,640€%20pour%20le%20deuxième.

I’m not sure why this just popped up but I’m pretty sure it’s not linked to WARP but rather to the date the licence was issued.

1 Like

Doesn’t rely on WARP… it depends when a Brit passed the Driving Test… this has been chewed over and clarified by “the powers that be…”

For Brits who passed the test before January 2021… the licence is valid to use in France until it needs renewing… which can be years and years… depending on individual situations (health,categories etc etc)

(The “1 year” timescale, for other Non-EU folk arriving in France does NOT apply to such lucky Brits…)

Vous vous installez en France et vous vous demandez si vous pouvez conduire avec votre permis étranger ? Un permis de conduire délivré par un pays non **européen: (à l’exception d’un permis britannique délivré avant 2021) est valable pendant 1 an à partir de l’acquisition de la résidence normale:

Of course any Brit who passed the DTest after January 2021… yes, they will need to exchange with 12 months of becoming Resident in France… :wink:

1 Like

trying to send you a private message but keeps putting here on the thread ?