Carte de sejour interview

No, of course not. But as you say, at least as I am concerned myself I am always second guessing what I put in these situations so it is just another level of reassurance that what you know is what you want!

1 Like

@toryroo,

So you’ve just ignored my question and proposed your own supposition.

My wife had to submit 3 documents – passport, avis d’impots and attestation from the marie;

My son, who came to France when he was 4 years old, submitted 5 documents – passport, avis d’impots, attestation from his mother that he lived with her (us) plus her passport and the attestation from the marie to substantiate her attestation.

I submitted 5 documents – passport, avis d’impots, attestation from the marie (proving how long both I and my wife had lived in France), attestation from my wife that I live with her, and my wife’s passport.

Not all applications fall into neat and tidy tick boxes.

I’m still interested to hear from others who have been asked to provide additional documentation as opposed to people who hypothesise about why additional documentation might be required. It might help the people that I know who have been asked for additional documantation.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

oh what a pity the reply by email function is working again. Can @james accidentally turn it off again :slightly_smiling_face:

Not as I see it. @toryroo has amassed a great deal of expertise in this area and deserves many thanks for the way she has guided people through the process, not throw away comments intended to be insulting.

3 Likes

@anon65742194

You might not realize it, but you sometimes come across as rather abrasive/abrupt.
@toryroo has been involved in helping lots of folk get their Applications done and has lots of experience.

Anyway… from my own experience… I can tell you that I received a frantic call from a friend. She had put in her Application and received a request for more info…

As you will see, they asked for a document which would prove she was Resident in France for more than 5 years… (anything other than the Property Purchase Doc…)

I know she’s been fully Resident for about 30 years… and she had thought the purchase document would do… as that was the date she arrived.

(she originally sent 3 docs: passport, arrival, 2020, )

Whether or not the purchase document works for other folk… I have no idea…
BUT on the Table which outlined the documents to use online at the time of her Application … it did NOT say that the property purchase document would NOT be suitable…

Anyway… I stopped her panicking and she found another “suitable” document (as suggested in the email) which was dated more than the 5 years… even if it didn’t actually support the correct date when she arrived here.
No matter… the extra document was zapped over and she now has her CdS… WARP/10 year card.

2 Likes

@graham @toryroo

But @toryroo has only put forward her own suppositions and not answer with facts the questions I asked.

Can you provide facts in answer to the question “who has been asked to provide additional documentation”? @graham

I’m not disputing @toryroo expertise in this matter just her ability to factually answer the question I asked.

Grahame Pigney

@Stella

I understand that I might come across as being rather abrasive, but that is perhaps because @toryroo @grahame treat the questions I ask as coming from an idiot.

Perhaps if they would concentrate on the question(s) asked rather than the answers they want to provide the dialogue would be different.

Grahame Pigney

classic! Couldn’t make it up :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s an ad hominem attack. Please edit your post.

Ditto

Grahame - that was terribly rude.
I’m glad you have your CdS - why not celebrate the fact rather than complain?

2 Likes

Errrr no I haven’t, the answer I gave was not my ‘own supposition’ but a factual answer to your question from the hundreds of people I’ve spoken to who have fed back to me / asked questions to help getting the right papers together etc. I find your answer very rude when I very politely gave you an answer to your question.

I’ve reposted just in case you had misread it the first time, my answer being based on direct feedback from people who have been asked for extra docs.

As above, my answer was not a ‘hypothesise’ but a statement of fact based on experience.

Repeating the incorrect statement regarding my ‘own suppositions’ i snot going to change anything and quite frankly I find it rude and insulting.

5 Likes

Apologies @graham that wasn’t meant for you but our mutual friends response. Must wear glasses when replying on phone!
Xx

2 Likes

Freudian slip Tory? :rofl:

1 Like

well Cat, I can understand that as even he was getting the two of us confused :rofl:

2 Likes

and the 183 days per year condition applies even to the “permanent” 10 year cards? I find that rather unfriendly

not sure why you linked to the post by @Stella and not clear what point you are trying to make…
Perhaps you can be more clear so that someone can provide a response.

In my opinion that’s a childish and spiteful post Graham. If your objective is to be rude to people who’s only crime is having tried to help, you’ve certainly succeeded.

My advice is calm down, apologise and in future take the responses to your questions in the same good faith as they are provided. Otherwise don’t bother to ask.

1 Like

I’m graham he was Grahame - now departed as flagged by his anon tag :wink:

1 Like

Spellimg was never my forté :roll_eyes:

3 Likes