Carte de sejour query

I was checking the Perigueux site daily for months - The number of options keeps changing but they seem to always have the “Uniquely for Europeans and British”. The |RIFT group are useful and the following was posted about 4 weeks ago. So essentially waiting to see what they want us to do after Brexit.

"Le calendrier est actuellement complet, de nouvelles plages de rendez vous ouvriront prochainement selon les modalités du brexit

Cependant, je tiens à vous préciser, qu’à ce jour, les ressortissants britanniques n’ont pas besoin de titre de séjour.

Pour plus de renseignements concernant les mesures liées au Brexit qui seront appliquées, je vous invite à consulter le site Internet officiel du gouvernement"
(Accueil - brexit)

1 Like

@Peter_Goble. You may be finger-printed when you go to collect them? I think it’s a requirement. My OH was really, really pissed off about it and was asking whether he had to. To us it breaches article 8 of EU convention on human rights…

We were finger printed in Macon.
I find it offensve, but the trend is to biometrics on official identity documents.
I was talking to someone who came through Lyon airport and many went to the biometric channel, which they then found was not working.
They had to join the back of the ‘ordinary’ queue, shrugging their shoulders and saying it was obvious they were back in France.

I collected my card about a month ago, my wife got hers this morning. Neither of us was finger-printed.

1 Like

Now that’s interesting…I will ask about it. Not that I wish to evade the law or anything, but it’s just thatI find it an invasion.

An invasion of…? No big deal - may help you or your loved ones in the future - you never know…

My right to privacy…

Your choice - I felt no invasion whatsoever.

1 Like

Presumably you’ve not had bad experiences of police misbehaviour then, or have forgotten how hard people fought to contain fingerprinting to proportionate levels. And don’t know young people who have been fingerprinted without their consent, amd then found that their name pops up on databases. It’s a slippery slope that I would prefer not to exist.

No - I’ve never ‘‘had bad experiences of police misbehaviour’’. I’ve only seen fingerprinting used in a positive way - to identify victims of serious accidents and consequently help give comfort to their families and friends.

Personally, I have nothing to hide, so couldn’t give a toss who has a record of my fingerprints or indeed if my name pops up on databases ! Crikes…

1 Like

Jane… what makes you think your fingerprints will be stored in a database used by investigators to fight crime…

I thought the idea of fingerprinting CdS folk was for identification purposes… :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s nothing to do with my personal situation, and whether I have anything to hide or not (which I don’t). But I feel very strongly about personal liberty and freedoms in a democratic world, and have seen and heard too many very negative experiences. For example with all the evidence now available, can anyone argue that the UK police aren’t institutionally racist?

I don’t think the European Court was talking about the database for CdS… that is not run by the Police…

I haven’t Jane so patently live in a different world to you - thankfully!

WTF has that got to do with fingerprints for a CdS in France?

2 Likes

And other police forces? Since this is about France taking and storing fingerprints-why bring UK police into it?

2 Likes

I would argue UK police aren’t racist, certainly not nowadays although there were some elements in the past. However we are talking France where the finger prints were taken

1 Like

And you don’t think that that database is not open to any law enforcement authority in France.
What an ideal world you live in Stella.

1 Like

Then I suggest you take your complaint up with the evil forces in society who have caused this very necessary step in protecting us at large.
But don’t hold your breath waiting for a reasoned response…

Jane… I think you might be surprised to know just how much information is NOT shared … :relaxed: which is why folk have to provide the same documents over and over again… to which gov dept etc etc requests them…

I think you are all misunderstanding my point. Perhaps because you have lived in a different world than I. Trying to explain further is I imagine pointless since you all seem to be so far removed from the understanding the tiny steps and actions that can subtly erode struggles for human rights and civil liberties.

1 Like