Carte de sejour query

Oh well - I guess I’m just thick then. Pfffffffffff

1 Like

I take it you aren’t on FB Jane or use other social media apps and don’t accept cookies when asked on websites, etc etc?

Not about prints, but photographs. My wife’s new card has two full-face images of her self on the front of hers, whereas mine has one in the bottom left hand quadrant.

Being a bit of a Miss Marple she queried this,and although three officials took a look, none of them could explain it.

Does anyone else’s have two mug-shots on the front, both of equal size, with one in the bottom left hand quadrant, and another of the same size, situated to the north-east of its twin?

In all other respects the card seems the same in its lay-out as my own. Does this duplication of an image signal any thing significant that we ought to know about? Just asking.

That’s an interesting query Peter and one that I hope someone on the forum can throw light on… :thinking: possibly as more folk go for the CdS due to Brexit… this and other anomalies will be explained…

1 Like

My CDS appears to be the same as your wife’s - two photo images. My OH’s has two images as well. Our cards were issued last year from the Prefecture in Vannes.

1 Like

This links to lots of CdS images on Google… many with 2 photos… many with just the 1… :thinking:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=1173&bih=814&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=-tKMXLzvKoyCjLsP7MqO2A0&q=Carte+de+Sejour+france&oq=Carte+de+Sejour+france&gs_l=img.3..0j0i5i30j0i30l2j0i8i30j0i24l5.145578.154540..154854...0.0..1.731.3844.0j9j4-1j2j1…1…1…gws-wiz-img.tgZ-a2exLCM

1 Like

Ah… not sexist then… :roll_eyes::wink::grinning:

1 Like

I’m not a paranoid conspiracy theorist, I have merely spent a long time working with excluded young people, ex-offenders and also been involved in work for the disappeared. Which has given me a distaste for many authorities’ slow but sure creep beyond accepted bounds.

As it happens I don’t use facebook, etc, have very few apps and only participate in 3 or 4 social networks because I find other uses of my time more pleasurable. I am prepared to accept some cookies because that’s how some sites make their money, but am very picky about it.

3 Likes

Pardon?!

But so what? Are your, or any of the ‘regulars’ stats hugely different? And who cares as it’s not a competion, and has nothing to do with finding enought things to do in my life without facebook. What a weird thing to do, look up someone else’s profile - I find that bit creepy.

2 Likes

We* give our fingerprints when we get our carte d’identité, it isn’t just targeting foreigners.

*ordinary French people born French not special in any way.

1 Like

I felt your comment about social networks was a bit disparaging / dismissive and yet, on this one alone, you have visited every day since you joined 408 days ago. You’ve read an average of 95 posts per day and created an average of 3 posts a day. It’s ok to say you enjoy it Jane! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Didn’t take much ‘creepy’ looking up - I just tapped on your name.

Here are my stats - happy to ‘share’ :slight_smile: (joined Dec 16, 2018 - 90 days ago)

1 Like

I think Jane makes valid points. Given what we know about Facebook surely it is okay to have mixed feelings about it?

Although I guess in some ways I come at it from a different angle. I have never understood the furore over id cards.

4 Likes

I think Simon has just proved your point Jane about Data collected about you being used for an unwarranted purpose. I’m sure that your personal usage data collected by James was never intended to be used by members to attack others but to enable him to analyse traffic and for individuals to refer back to their own site history.

And l totally agree with you about it being ‘creepy’ .

2 Likes

Lol no surprise there then Dan - keep trying :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you for the information Wendy.

I sometimes look at peoples profiles to find old posts of theirs I want /need to re read nothing creepy at all

1 Like

I didn’t know you could do this, still don’t, must be the rugby…:beer::beer::beer::beer:

1 Like

I didn’t say it was Vero.
It is an unpleasant part of modern life that we are tracked everywhere we go.
If you value your privacy you have to live like Jack Reacher.

1 Like

As I said I participate in 3 or 4 specific social networks, and ignore all the rest… I’m not sure how that can be taken be dismissive or disparaging of the whole concept of social networks. Are people not allowed to pick and choose what appeals and what doesn’t?

2 Likes