Carte de sejour validity related query

Hello,

I have just joined this community in order to find an appropriate answer to my question, which is:

I have a long stay French work visa which is going to expire in October 2023 (I am an Indian citizen). I left France in May 2020 and came to the UK to join my spouse. I have not visited France since. I wanted to know if I can travel to France with my current visa before it expires. Or do I need to apply for a tourist visa again?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Manish

Hello Manish and welcome to the forum…

When was your French Work Visa issued ???
and did you ever actually Work in France using that Visa ???

1 Like

Hi Stella,

It was issued in Oct 2019 and yes I worked in France for ~1.5 years. The first visa was for one year which was a stamp on my passport and then I extended it in October 2019 for another 4 years. I left France to join my spouse (also Indian) in the UK in May 2020.

I hope this helps.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Manish

There’s an online test here which suggests you don’t need one if you’ve already got a long term visa. But I think I’d check with the French Embassy in London if I were you. Their phone number and email address is listed here

1 Like

Di you validate this visa while you were in France? If so most likely ok as they are multi-entry visas, but check as Garteth says.