Carte gris on line

There are no sub contractors for this service, just “approved” (agree) service providers. These guys charge a fee for their services but are also licenced to take the registration tax themselves & pay the government later, like paying VAT.
Others, like myself, do not take the tax themselves & wait until the registration is complete & then payment can be made by bank card directly to CECI Toulouse (Centre d’encaissement des certificats d’immatriculation) by the customer. They also give or send you the accuse so that you know when your application was started.
Currently the import process takes 3 to 4 weeks if there is no problems with the documents.

Mark, In answer to your earlier question ( will I do? ), I think the answer must be NO. As a professional with 100 uses of the site you are hardly the average Joe. With regard to the size of documents and jpeg etc., you will know that the site tells you if you have an oversized document or an unacceptable format. Unfortunately it only does that at the endof the process when you try to input, but that is a mnior irritation. These were not my problem ( or my computer expert’s ). Interestingly the question mark beside the section for inputting the documents would not open to give any advice or instructions despite repeated attempts to open it. Perhaps the instructions you refer to are in there? David

Peter - the government site says that changing the address on a CG is free up to the 4th time and thereafter 2,76 €

How much did you have to pay ? and why ??

https://immatriculation.ants.gouv.fr/Services-associes/Changement-d-adresse-en-ligne

Hi Stella,
I changed two vehicles on ligne a the government site and both were free of charge. A few days later I received a strip of paper to stick on to my existing CG. The strip gave my new address. The reg number of those cars were the modern type ie AB 123 CD so no number change was required.
The vehicle i’m talking about is one with the old registration number format ie. 1234 AB 01 and that requires a change of registration number and document and that can be done on line or at the Prefecture. The charge was about 54€ if I recall tho’ i’m not certain without checking.

Oh dear…

Seems that many folk have gone the route of paying anything from 30 -50 ish € because they could not find how to alter the address on an old-style immatriculation. It should be free except for the Postage.

In 2018 the charge was apparently 2,76€ (frais d’envoi de la carte grise 2,76€)… done through the ANTS system and selecting the Autre Demande dropdown…

“En cas de conversion, à l’occasion d’un changement d’adresse, vous devrez régler la taxe d’acheminement de 2,76€.” I’m not sure what this means in real life, but at most the whole thing would only cost 5,52€ in total…

(Si vous réalisez votre demande de changement d’adresse pour un véhicule ancien format (ex. 123 AB 75), vous devrez indiquer :

la date de l'émission de la carte grise,
la date de naissance du titulaire de la carte grise,)

No it is not but it was intended to show how a different Govt site works.
I only tried to help. Perhaps next time I’ll skip over your requests for help :thinking: