Carte sejour eu citizen

How very frustrating for you…I wonder if there is any merit in emailing the prefecture now,ie before waiting to be issued with it, (to save their face) specifically to ask for confirmation that the CdS to be issued will be the 5 year card, in line with article 11 (& enclosing the regulations). At the same time you could ask for a récépissé to enable you to travel back to the UK, particularly due to your sister’s medical condition. Even Prefecture staff are human and may even, possibly, have a heart! Technically the prefecture has 6 months to issue the EU CdS par the regulations. However the standing instructions from the Ministry of the Interior to Prefectures are to prioritise (!) the issue of CdS to EU related people.

Hi George

Yes i did email, first again thanked her for her help then asked about changing to a recepisse.

Sadly didnt think to ask as eloquently as that :slight_smile:
I just put in last paragraph, the reason i queried 1 year issue is i had read that Article 11 stated etc and enclosed relative link of Article 10 section 11.

Well i shall wait for the response lol and hope no offence taken. I think she is fed up of my emails

Are you well known at your Mairie ???
If you are… you could ask for their help… Mairies can sometimes chat quietly with other government officials and make sense out of chaos… (I know this from long experience).
but if you are not well known, fair enough, they’re still worth approaching and explaining things to… but they might just give a gentle shrug… :wink:

Hi Stella

Yes not really known as we are just renting. Its not the area we are looking to live so only met when we asked to be registered. Good idea though .

I guess i will wait and see what my case worker replies probably be next week now.

Will update when news :slight_smile:

Just curious, is Spain really easier for paperwork?

Yes to a certain extent as unlike here you go to your local Polica for most things. Occasionally you may need to go to the Extranjero officina.

Health care so much easier no need for all these birth , marriage certificates etc and no mutuelle needed. Everything is covered by your S1 , meds all covered bar 10%>

OK, now I’m wondering why you are thinking of living in France??? :wink:

Me too. I’m intrigued.
Excuse my ignorance but what’s “Polica?
Do you mean you go to the police to sort stuff out in Spain?

Ah Stella

Well tbh i loved Spain but we wanted to downsize. OH has always preferred France and looking around Spain everything was too expensive ir a townhouse etc. Three dogs so we need space and property here was better value.

I am liking it here but could do without the hassle :slight_smile:

Hi Helenochka

Yes basically you have the Police Local , Police National and the Guardia Cival.

UPDATE

Finally received notification CDS approved, sadly one year only despite sending the lady article 10 of the EU directive.

I suppose I could dispute it but to be honest we will hopefully be living in a different department . So I think I will just wait for renewal next year.

Let’s see if they ask me to pay when I collect actual card. If they do I may well dispute length of issue along with payment.

Thanks to all for replies and knowledge.

Ps this is now another property but fingers crossed . We were at Notaries yesterday going through all.paperwork ( have own separate Notaries )

1 Like

Ah… so you’ve decided on a different property… hope all goes smoothly.

Re Notaires… I presume you mean 1 Notaire acting for the Seller
plus 1 Notaire acting for the Buyers (not 1 for you and another 1 for your OHalf)…