Carte Vital

I work in London but spend most weekends in France. In the past I lived full time in France while working and had a carte vital, but gave this up when I returned to London. The Nhs is ok in England but I was also going to get private medical insurance or instead get another the French carte vital.

Is it possible to use French system and not be living in France.

As far as I know, you need to be a permanent resident in France to get a Carte Vitale. I don't see how you could get round it, as even French citizens retiring abroad aren't entitled to a Carte Vitale.

Hi, thanks for that. Will have to wait until I move there.