Carte Vitale

if not sure how to explain things , take a friend who speaks french -- hubbie is english, he always explains his french is limited and appoligises for that , but even him gets away with all his stuff without translator , and when he needs one , I am there to help ...we bought our house , got all the notary paperwork done , had all our papers to add and even got a mortgage from a french bank with not even one paper from employers or income translated --we ' re getting small refund on the mortgage from the caf [ allocation ] and there the same , all paperwork without translation

Wow, lucky you, i guess the office in Toulouse is low on goodwill!

I am belgian , all my papers are in flemish , but I got my papers all without translation ... I just explain to them what is on it , never had any problems , getting carte vitale or whatever ---It s not always necessary to spend money to translate things , it depends all on the goodwill of the office ....

Thanks Clara, I have found the website and ordered a new copy however the woman i spoke to when i rang to check that it did include everything, told me that it will be exactly the same as the 'certified copy of an entry' that we have. She also said that they often get people ordering new forms for France as the French seem to like recent dates on the forms, fingers crossed this works. We have paid about 45 euro's each time to get forms translated, how does that compare to the one you use?

I recently ordered full certificates for all our family online (http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/) - as ours were somewhere in storage - which they posted to us in France for our carte vitales. I then got them translated and stamped and sent off. RSI did then keep writing to us asking for the English version, then the translated version (stamped), English version, French version (stamped), etc. etc. and so on and eventually sent us the form for the photos to be attached. But, seriously it took a long time of sending things over and over and them asking for the same thing repeatedly. They often wrote to us about the children saying that things were wrong but we knew we had sent everything that they needed and more.

I do know the name of a good but relativley inexpensive translator if you need it.

Good luck x