Cat travel on Britanny Ferries

[quote=“captainendeavour, post:18, topic:40674”
it might be of some interest.
[/quote]

The upshot, as rec’d today from Brit Ferries. Might have to review the B.F. C/S rating :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your email received 20 August regarding the mail you posted onboard Mont St Michel. I did go to the ship regarding this and asked them to check what had happened.

In the UK and in France the mail should be collected every few days and posted on land.
The staff onboard checked the letter slot on the side of the counter and unfortunately there were letters there that had not been collected.

They would like to forward their sincere apologies and the mail has now been collected.

Our sincere apologies once again.

And I schlepped to La Poste today to send a letter to DVLA :roll_eyes:

So they are offering a private service with staff posting on letters themselves. I must admit I didn’t know they were still doing that and it looks like no-one else did either :smiley:

When I see a brass plate with a slot in it and “Letters” engraved thereon I have this funny idea one can post stuff there! :grinning:

Anyway, getting back to the original post, we’ve booked the ferry, the cat’s had her shots and we just need to get the 30 page health certificate filled in by the vet before departure. Thanks, those who offered advice!

3 Likes

I’d be interested to know how you get on. We’re fans of the Tunnel, but always interested in an efficient alternative.

Hi!

It went really well. The pet cabins were right next to the car deck so no stairs to climb. No carpets in them and ours was spotless, so no dog smells either to upset the cat.

Britanny Ferries check~in hadus scan her chip and compared the number with the health doc. Then we boarded.

Next morning in Caen we went to the animal check lane. A sleepy young official waved the vet docs away and said “Cat? No problem”.

And we were in. First overseas trip with her and it’s going well!

6 Likes

Really pleased it went so well, Pete!

1 Like