CDiscount card?

Has anyone got a CDiscount card? It’s not clear if it costs anything but you do get a big discount on your first purchase if you apply for one. Any catches?

I got my dishwash oven and hob via CDiscount so they were all the same make and was pleased but was never offered a discount card. Two of my items though were in the sale so perhaps thats why. I’d use them again but don’t have any electromenager to buy at the moment

We’ve bought white goods from them in the past and they’ve been very competitive. Also had good after sales support. I don’t remember being offered the card with a discount carrot before but I’m buying tablet computer this time and could save €50.

It turns out it’s a credit card with a €1.50 monthly charge but the incentive of 1% cashback on future purchases. Might be too complicated to bother with.

€18/year against only 1% discount isn’t much to be honest when you can find competitive prices all over the internet for sameproducts. I wouldn’t bother to be honest, you might not use them again. At least Leroy Merlin gives 10% for a €1 fee.

We end up using Electro Depot most of the time, their prices are usually cheaper.

I thought LMs card was loafs more than that?

€9 I think.

Not sure you can call it a discount card but we pay 29 euros per year which gives us free delivery on most purchases which is well worth the saving over a year.

I think that’s different? It’s a bit like Amazon Prime and their own (but separate) credit card. I’ve opted for a 6 day free trial of the free delivery option, but will cancel before it expires.

So I went for it and although signing up to the card is represented as a discount on the purchase price of the item, from what I can see, the ‘discount’ is actually a credit to one’s new CDiscount card. I will post an update once it’s all sorted.

But the price of the Android tablet I’m buying was already good at €190, so getting another €50 - even with credit, is good. The same tablet is €239 on Amazon France.

It was a faff though - and I need to remember to cancel the free delivery service at the weekend!

No, only paid €1. Perhaps special offer last year.

1 Like