CdS being obtained by non-resident second home owners

You’re only exempt paying TdH if you earn less than or close to the threshold for paying Impots.

Only for another year, and then it goes on all principal homes. So a big incentive for people to lie.

The current exemptions / reductions are all based on declared income via the tax return, therefore a lack of tax return for someone claiming principal home / residency will surely trigger an investigation ? I hope :grinning:

1 Like

Not quite.
The theshold has been increasing year on year.
For 2022 you only pay TdH if your RFR is above around 50k.
That is rather far above the tax threshold!

Recent events seem to indicate that for English people of privilege integrity is an inconvenience, “sorry” is just a word to be used to avoid punishment and rules are merely guidelines. :parachute:

3 Likes

Sorry folks, for my last post. :confused:. These days I wake up a little depressed by the state of the world :cry:

1 Like

You are not alone…go for a walk where there are no people. The natural world never fails to lift my spirits.

2 Likes

I also recommend NOT following the media. There are moments when it’s a good idea to step away from it all. It’s an industry that thrives on the dark side and there is more to life than that.
January is a tough month for many people. Is it the second or the third weekend of this month when people are at their most depressed?

4 Likes

Hi @Susannah
Switch off from world events… we have no say in things, so just let it all go…

As the others say… get out and stroll (if you can). The natural world is all around us and there’s much to see and smile at, even at this time of year.
If you can’t get out… sit by a window and just watch… the skies, the trees… birds… whatever. Let yourself relax as you home in on something which catches your eye…

You are not alone in feeling down and I hope you feel better soon.

4 Likes

Thank you so much, kind people. 100% agree - I shall avoid reading all news until Easter! :hatching_chick:

I do walk with my dogs three times a day and you are very right, nature is beautiful and rejuvenating. :paw_prints: :paw_prints: I also try to only watch comedies on Netflix. The Swedish ones are surprisingly laugh-out-loud-'til-you-cry good.

I live in the village full time and dearly want to find somewhere local where I can contribute as a volunteer. Does anyone know any good numbers / websites? I am in Vaucluse and pretty much open to anything as long as not too far away because I need to bus or ask my husband to drive me. My French is fine and I am not the least bit shy about speaking while waving, so am ready to go :hugs:

2 Likes

Of course, your library, post office, mairie might well have pamphlets but this link might prove interesting

Once you’ve found your Department… click on it.

then, keep clicking “voir plus de resultats” until you find something which interests you.

First off, do you have a foyer rural? I got to know people in my village by doing the washing up at events!

Also, you can try here too:

https://www.jeveuxaider.gouv.fr/

Here’s a few ideas…
If you have a comité des fetes I’m sure they’d love to have you.
https://www.secourspopulaire.fr/84/

https://spavauclusienne.site-solocal.com/

This did make me laugh. :rofl: My family reckon I can’t speak if I sit on my hands. My hands are moving all the time I speak and when it’s French I’m even worse… a cross between sign-language and miming… :roll_eyes: :rofl: :hugs:

2 Likes

You should try Portuguese, Italian or Spanish! :grin:

Mum always reckoned I was an Italian-changeling

1 Like

Thank you all! I shall try every one of these avenues and am sure to fund at least one place who will want me. Hands et al :woman_juggling:t2:!

soirée is the hardest word

3 Likes

For me, it’s “ écureuil”.

overdue thanks given for your responses to my query on my inactive partner not being in France 183 days this year…

very good idea thanks - I’ll call them. Previously we’d asked them (when passing by!) if we could ‘book in’ a CDS appointment as she had to go to UK to deal with mum - and they did, so hopefully sympathetic… - and you might recall mentioning for her to get back within 6 months to pick up the card!

yes, that’s what I might immediately think too, that a medical reason exemption for is your own medical condition - many thanks for the legal links!

A fascinating idea - Madame (not wife though concubine / partner) already has her CDS - if she doesn’t qualify for one of the 5 years she could ‘restart the clock’ or add to her total so far by ‘rejoining’ me? - a frontalier (who is definitely not supposed to be here 183 days / year :slight_smile: )

thanks again for your contributions. Maybe best to continue any further observations in the thread Can someone help explain how long I can be out of France for? (3 years residency) ?

may you all prosper and have continued residency