CdSejour On-line Portal, Info & Flow Chart 19 October '20 onwards

Ah yes but…that is leaving the written part out which is why I ended up with a B1 for my TCF exam for nationality - thus just scraping through!

If it was purely based on comprehension and speaking I think I’d do really well. I’m like you though Cat and I imagine having great difficulty passing due to my writing.

I used to have very clear handwriting (using a fountain pen, no less) but a stroke, reduced coordination, failing eyesight and years of keyboard use have reduced my handwriting skills to more or less a squiggly lazy scrawl :roll_eyes:
Mind you, it’s still 300% more readable than my MT’s :wink:

3 Likes

I always struggle to read what Jim puts down on the shopping list and I should have at least some idea.
Mind you he is a Doctor, of Physics, but perhaps it affects them all.

1 Like

We use Google Keep app for shopping lists which is shared between us. Much easier and clearer and you can tick off the items as you go.
Also useful since V does all the shopping at the moment during confinement and if something comes to mind whilst she is out, I can add it to the list electronically and it updates on her phone instantly.

1 Like

You modern thing you…we have a piece of slate propped on kitchen counter.

2 Likes

Ha ha… the only slate we have is where I keep a tally of just how much I owe her :wink:

1 Like

This is interesting. I am looking for a simple calendar that I can print off, RDV’s are piling up for next year!
I know I can set these up on the phone, but much prefer to check a wall calendar, especially for OH. Decent calendars last year and this year were/are hard to find, even in the UK!

Lily, I really love the BusyB range, thier calenders are really well made, attractive and I just adore the pockets to keep the appropriate letters / bills etc for each month. We get the big family one but I’ve seen there is also a couple option.

We use Google Calendar to mark off all my RDVs for hospitals, blood tests, medical stuff etc. We use a different colour for each type of activity - eg Tomato for Medical appointments and a fawn colour for when the different pensions are due.
This means that we have the calendar immediately available when fixing new RDVs so as to avoid clashes and we both have access to the same info.
The Google calendar can be printed off…

I have the Patricia Wilson Pictures of France for our calendar and send it to to a couple of friends in UK.
However, this year I think I will be sending the Injured Jockey’s Fund Calendar as they are unable to fundraise on the racecourses as normal.

@toryroo, @Jane_Williamson I will look at these for my ‘posh’ calendar :hugs: :hugs:
@graham just what I was looking for :hugs:
Depending which side of the house we park the car, I like to check a calendar before leaving the house :thinking:

1 Like

Not sure I want google knowing about my life! Plenty of similar open source options too.

Ha… if they want to trawl through the calendar of an annoying and uninteresting pensioner they’re welcome to it.

Yes but in order to be useful in a shared environment, they would have to be on-line so, same meat, different gravy :wink:

1 Like

Just received our CdeS :pray::tada::sparkler:

4 Likes

@Lily Lily, what process did you go through?

@SuePJ We attended the RDV process three weeks ago (application’s sent before they halted the process) told we will receive cards in approximately one month.

1 Like

Thanks Lily, thought it might be. Great news!

1 Like

Us too
All done for 10 years :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Hurrah… arrived just after lunch… yippee and all that jazz… :hugs: :+1: :clap: :clap: :clap:

and I’ve been carefully reading all the very small print… it’s all there…

What a relief…

5 Likes