CdSejour On-line Portal, Info & Flow Chart 19 October '20 onwards

I think you may have trouble.

1 Like

Yes, that worked fine.

I’ve been using some v locally applied ready mixed henna for blondes and a little bit of gel bleach, again in a tub and ready to dab on, for exactly the same reason, ( ie poverty and grey hair!!). Works a treat!! Let me know if you want me to show you the products?

1 Like

I wasnt aware of this - I had hoped that we were all done. Is it easy to do?

Since we applied last year - I have had my Irish Citizenship arrive - I would rather French authorities thought of me as Irish rather than British. Any thoughts on trying to address this?

Mat… we’ve got our appointments for next Monday… the email we received last week, asks us to bring a recent photo (specific size etc) and tells us about the fingerprinting…

it should be easy enough…

if you don’t want to continue with your Application of last year… I presume you simply don’t follow up when offered the Appointment… (they give an email address to contact if you can’t make the appointment, so you could simply explain why… )

You will be better off as Irish… you will be able to Vote etc… lucky you.

@Mat_Davies
Edit: Get down to your Mairie armed with your Irish Citizenship… and ask to go on the Voting list… an important aspect of French life… (at least it is in my area)

1 Like

tap tap, merci Your Majesty.

Trouble is I always said I would refuse it when it came. :roll_eyes:

I have already done that, I just don’t know how joined up the Mairie will be to the Préfecture.

It wouldn’t hurt to mention this when next you visit your Mairie… keep them in the loop so to speak…

and, so long as you don’t finalize the other Application… I can’t see any problems.

You’re one of the lucky ones… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Matthew - I noticed the only reply you received was Véronique’s gnomic “I think you may have trouble”. Others here will I’m sure be able to add more advice - but will need more detail - especially:

• does your ‘link with a British national’ mean that you are not yourself a UK or EU citizen?
  • is the rent from your English house over the minimum income threshold - which I think is about £870 per month for you and your son (although my understanding is that there will be flexibility on this for UK citizens)
  • do you have private health insurance?

I don’t know how your wife’s income will be treated.

1 Like

Good Morning Tory,

You seem to have your finger on the pulse.

Before the site was operating I put a post on the site with regard to my application.

We currently hold a 5 years CdS, and have our Carte Vitales.

We will have been resident in France on a permanent basis for 5 years in March 2021. I qualify for my State pension in Jan 2021. We are both currently Inactifs and have never worked in France.

We are intending to make our application in April 2021, which should make life easier.

The majority of replies were of the opinion that this would be a good idea.

Now the system is up and running do you see any reasons to change our decision.

Thanks in anticipation

Andy

@955matt

Matthew… have you got a Carte Vitale for you and your son ???

Hi Geof, thanks for the reply, I have an S1 from my wife and a carte vitale.Yes I’m English so that would rule out the second option then. Yes the rent more than covers the minimum amount needed.

So I think the first option and just the same docs we needed for my carte vitale

I’d agree that you are in the inactif group and unlikely to have problems. Just curious but if your wife works in the UK how does she get at S1 and you a dependants one?

1 Like

OFFS Grahame, I think it’s time you just packed up and left, the forum and the country! I don’t think I’ve ever come across an immigrant with such a vindicative, twisted view of the state that has welcomed them! :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Hi Stella yes for myself and my son

Because my wife works in the uk , myself and my son are her dependents and have a yearly renewable S1 form

Thank you Stella :slightly_smiling_face:

We were all advised to do just that to make sure that we had official confirmation.
By the way they are making the process much simpler now, so Grahame should thank his lucky stars that he didn’t have to complete a 43 page dossier.

he won’t :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Blockquote