CdSejour On-line Portal, Info & Flow Chart 19 October '20 onwards

@anon65742194
P. Just apply on line and you’ll find it to be less stressful
P. Il suffit de postuler en ligne et vous constaterez que c’est moins stressant

6 Likes

Had to look it up :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

This is not true, they are going to be working through the applications as quickly as they can. As I said on another post once they have cleared the 1000+ applications that were put into the no deal portal they will start with the rest. They are hoping that it will be around a month. You will be issued with an appointment and once that has happened the card should come not too long after. If you apply in the next month or so the hope is those cards would reach you between late December and late January. If you apply in a timely manner you won’t be waiting until June. If it is easier to get paperwork together (this does NOT apply to you as you have been here longer than 5 years) then these people have until the end of June to apply.

You are not being denied your rights. Just call the prefecture tomorrow regarding your application if you think that it will be automatically processed. I think the answer will be to apply on line, I quoted and linked to the FAQs earlier and it clearly states that the only people that don’t need to put their details in are those that did the ONLINE application between October last year and January this year. I can’t see how this is not answering your question. I’m going to bow out now. Best of luck.

Oh my goodness this has been explained SO many times. YOU DID NOT NEED A CDS AS A EUROPEAN CITIZEN. THE UK DECIDED TO LEAVE THE EU AND AS OF NEXT YEAR YOU WILL NEED ONE SO THEY HAVE SET UP (ON AMAZINGLY EASY AND GENEROUS TERMS - NO INCOME ISSUES ETC) A GREAT ONLINE SITE THAT YOU CAN APPLY SUPER QUICKLY TO GET YOUR CARD.

I would guess that they did not KNOW what was going one (they didn’t , no one did) and took his application in good faith (perhaps to keep him happy) and between now and then the rules / application process have all been made clear :wink:

4 Likes

I can beat this! I had my original EDF bill, our passports and a current attestation from Mint Energie all ready as files. Mine took about 10 minutes and DHs which I did straight after took no longer than 5 minutes. It really is SO easy!

4 Likes

To quote Mr Punch… “that’s the way to do it”… :relaxed: :relaxed:

Quite. I should have thought that was glaringly obvious, personally, but what do I know, eh?

(perhaps to keep him happy)

Or to get him to shut up and go away…

3 Likes

Surely there were more than that? Is that just one Department? If would have thought more like 10,000.

The number I was given was 1058 or something, I’ll have to go back to check, perhaps this was Dordogne only. I have had sooooo much info since Friday it is all a bit :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl:

1 Like

Nice to see you btw! Thanks for adding a photo! X

3 Likes

Which bit do I fill in if I already have a CdeS, but need to exchange it for a new one, post Brexit? I can’t seem to find a match for that.

I’ve just had a look, for people with CDS even expired ones.

Then just follow the tread. Just noticed there is even an English online version (if needed).

2 Likes

OK, so even if you already have a CdeS, this counts as a first application. Fine, thank you.

I just browed through the french version but thats the understanding I got, if you have a CDS even if expired

The link is at the top of the thread… for English version and the French version…

plus the Flowchart as well… which is a great help… even if it is a rather large file… :slight_smile:

This special piece of prose has had my grey cells twitching…
IIRC, the only people (other than Officers of the Court and Counsel) who have rights of audience in the Courts are defendants in criminal trials. Other than that, witnesses who are not Officers of the Court or Counsel cannot self-witness or address the Judiciary on their own account, they are questioned by Lawyers or the Judiciary to provide appropriate responses on which they may be cross examined for clarification but the evidence is not their own (save for an acknowledged Expert Witness). They are directed, in a fashion, as to what they can say.
Perhaps you would care to elucidate on your fantastic claim to addressing Courts on behalf of UK citizens on more than one occasion.
I’d be genuinely interested…

1 Like

Thank you! I wondered if anyone would notice :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I decided I like it enough around here I’ll show you my mug! Sadly post covid unemployment for much of this year I no longer have my streaks or my ‘style’ my long greying hair wouldn’t have me easily picked in a line up :rofl: :rofl: Not so long ago, last years work photo!

Hi guys just after a quick bit of advice, I moved here in Feb last year with my sons ( who goes to school here ), I’m married and my wife works in the uk and comes over at the weekends. I don’t work just doing renovations to the house so we live off the rent from our English house and her wages. Which CDS do I apply for , I live without working with sufficient resources or I have a link with a British National .

Thanks

That’s very Daily Mail Graham. UK bails out, causes untold shit and your complaint is that France hasn’t made you apply for a pointless document for 20 years?

BTW you could have applied for a CdS whenever you wanted - why didn’t you?

2 Likes

Arise Sir David.

Mmmmm. Maybe a message there Graham :thinking: