CdSejour On-line Portal, Info & Flow Chart 19 October '20 onwards

On the upside, at least I don’t work at his local prefecture…

9 Likes

what commitments? Mithering your Préfecture at such a significant and busy time when they have other more pressing issues to deal with (like Covid19) won’t get you past the post any quicker…

2 Likes

:thinking:
Brexit only happened in January 2020 - not 20 years ago :roll_eyes:

1 Like

you’re not good at sucking wasps then, @cat :grin:

On the contrary, I have considerable gratitude to the French Government on their foresight and expertise in making the whole sorry mess caused by the UK Government an easy process :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Or maybe the French government will just say “go home and don’t let the door hit you on the way out”.

8 Likes

Tory,

They haven’t given me the answer I want, well not according to the web site.

The CdS will be issued before the latest date possible according to the French Government. Those who rely on proof of their right to reside in France cannot guarantee having proof of that right before the end of June 2021t.

Why should I chill out about being denied my rights? Why should others in my situation chill out about being denied their rights?

The 3Million on the UK are not so complacent, why should we (UK citizens in EU27 states) be so compliant? Perhaps the 3Million in the UK have more commitment to preserving their fundamental rights.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vo****us vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

Graham Lees,

The French Government has had 20 years or more to issue CdS to UK citizens and chose not to.

Nothing to do with Brexit.

Grahame Pigney

P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

@anon65742194

You might find it best to simply upload the 3 documents … and apply for the “over 5 years” CdSejour Withdrawal Agreement…

this can be done in about 15 minutes, as some will confirm…

then you can relax… :relaxed: :relaxed:

1 Like

Grahame Lees,

So I shouldn’t expect commitments made by people at our Prefecture to be binding, what people at a Prefecture say is just so much “Blah-Blah”!

Grahame Pigney

Why should the Préfecture be any more competent or worthier of trust than the current UK government?

Because there was no effing need Grahame!!!

5 Likes

I ask again… what commitments? you never seem to answer simple questions to support your (usually) wrong assertions and stabs at the French Government. Do you really like living in France :thinking:
Your demeanour suggests otherwise…
Or is your raison d’etre just to cause annoyance and upset and complain just for the sake of complaint?

1 Like

Stella,

We have been resident since 1998.

We applied 3 times for a CdS EU.

The latest applications was over a year ago, supported by all the evidence that the three of us have live in France for 20 years and have supported ourselves during that time.

The Prefecture in Carcassonne accepted our dossiers without reservation and according to the Prefecture have a “dossiers prioritaires” which puts us at the head of the queue and doesn’t require any other application/proof.

I’m not claiming what you call “extra rights” just the rights we are entitled to under French and EU law as confirmed by the Prefecture in Carcassonne.

Grahame Pigney

Graham,

Who but an idiot would suck wasps.

Perhaps if @cat was working at our local Prefecture there would be more logic!

But, as I said we have yet to have a response from our Prefecture as to whether we need to re-submit our application.

Perhaps some people have not read my comments and taken on board what the substance of those comments is!

Grahame Pigney

Veronique,

I am staggered, your comment is so much contrary to the support and help we get from our friends who are French nationals.

Are you anti-UK citizens resident in France?

Grahame Pigney

FFS are you for real? it’s a facial expression often associated with female fontionaires :roll_eyes:
You should be more like a statue… and know where you stand

I’m sure @toryroo will chip in with some numbers but given the level of activity on the portal today - it’s first day of opening - thousands of Brits have managed to get it done without any fuss or bother which can only attest to the planning and careful thought and investment the French Government have put in to resolve this sorry mess caused only by the intransigence of the UK Government leaving brits in a no-man’s land without a care for the consequences.

Just as an adjunct to the thread… we both got (timely) email receipts for the submissions but interestingly, mine refers to the fact that we can be seen at our Préfecture (Angoulême) together but 'er indoors one is silent on that issue :thinking:

2 Likes

No not at all, but I have limited patience and am anti-people-who-keep-ranting-on.

7 Likes

Graham,

I am certainly real.

I know where I stand and have done so in court on behalf of UK citizens on more than one occasion

What sort of person is a “female fontionaires” or is that just a spelling aberration on your part that should be referring to female civil servants”?

If so why should you take the sexist stance that only “female fontionaires” are capable of looking as if they have sucked a wasp”. I have seen many people, male and female, when confronted with questions they don’t know the answer to having such a pained expression.

Grahame Pigney

PMSL :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Brexit has happened and everything has changed… since you were last at the Prefecture discussing your dossier.

I was seriously trying to help you, but I can see that I am getting nowhere.

I’ll step back out of this conversation.

Wishing you well…

5 Likes