CdSejour On-line Portal, Info & Flow Chart 19 October '20 onwards

I am shielding as I have asthma and I am being asked to go into a high covid zone.
I am not impressed and think that this could be dangerous for me, even taking all the precautions.

Well there’s no rush for you is there as you’ve been here over 10 years? So can wait and hope things calm down next year.

Goodness, Jane, weren’t you taking a risk having the Maire and her husband for lunch? She must meet lots of people every day and no matter how fastidious she is with social distancing etc it’s not 100% effective.
Izzy x

1 Like

There are only 250 of us and we are in a white area, the least for infections, that is just our village!

1 Like

That is what we are hoping.

They sanitised their hands, we were socially distanced and we had windows open in our kitchen.

2 Likes

And life has to go on!

1 Like

Asthma isn’t considered a high risk, at least not if you teach in lycée. Cherchez l’erreur…

3 Likes

I see/serve over 1000 people a week in my tabac, know people who have or have had it, but life goes on (cautiously and protected of course) :wink:

1 Like

Yes, life goes on (hopefully…). As more is known about the disease risk factors are changing, so asthma has been downgraded from does increase risk, to might increase risk.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html. (Can’t find UK or French reports right now)

I and my immune-suppressing drugs have also been downgraded, so have carried on with my 3 week thermal cure which is great and means mixing with several hundred people… But I really can’t quite understand why gyms have had to close and the Therme can stay open…I suppose it’s classed as medical rather than leisure.

1 Like

We’re going to our Prefecture next Friday, our rdv is timed and we’ve been asked to arrive no more than five minutes before the appointed time as they are limiting the waiting room capacity to no more than 10 people, we also to wear a mask and provide our own pens. With these precautions along with washing our hands before and after the risk of contracting Covid is miniscule and far lower than visiting any supermarket.

That’s interesting info…
much more than on our email.

We’re “being dealt with” on Monday morning… masks are the norm, of course … but, other than that, it’s just “come along with this email and a recent photograph… and we’ll need to take your fingerprints”

however, I shall now follow the info provided on your email and make sure we both have pens… (I shall have gel in my handbag.)

2 Likes

Yes of course it does Andrew by Jane said she was shielding so it seemed surprising that she had guests in her house.
I have an underlying health condition that makes me vulnerable but I still have to go to work in a school where there have been 2 Covid cases and many students isolating as a result. I don’t have the luxury of staying at home. Like you, I have to work but take precautions and hope I don’t get it.
Izzy x

4 Likes

Our Mayor takes huge precautions. Council meetings are socially distanced and they have to sit with their coats on as the windows are wide open!
It is not just asthma that is my problem, I am always the first to catch anything, so I am being ultra cautious with this thing.

1 Like

Am I correct that people are expecting cards to be issued solely on the basis of the very simplified documentation required by the website? I had thought that France had pared down the application process to comply with eu rules but I assumed that they had simply taken the onus off the applicant to provide proof, and would instead be carrying out their own checks from the information they hold.
My situation is that I worked in France without a break from 2011 to 2018. I could show the date in 2011 when I started work and I could easily provide a utilities bills to imply that I still live there, but if they check, their records will show that I do not.
My question is I suppose, what is this confidence about minimal checks based on please?

I think that anyone who applies and does NOT have the right to apply… can expect to be dealt with appropriately.

The online site is clear: ONLY for those Brits who are residing (ie NOW) … or will be residing in France before 31/12/20

Thus, anyone who uses the on-line site, but does NOT meet the criteria above… is obviously and deliberately doing something wrong… ooops…

I’d not want to be worrying about the heavy knock on the door… :thinking: :roll_eyes:

You are however still eligible for residency & entitled to a 10 year permanent card as you have been resident for more than five years & have not been absent from France for more than five years.

I would not worry about a kn ock on the door Stella. Thevsppropriate way to deal with an unacceptable application is to reject it not to send in the heavies.
If my application is accepted it would be because France decided to acceot it. After five years kegal residence one qualifies for permanent residence and abse nces are allowed. If I had obtained a cds before I left I would be able to exchange it. Unfortunately I did not.
It seems a little harsh if there is to be an amnesty as o ne poster said for brits who have been living below the radar, and no flexibility for brits who did everything correctly while they were there.Stella
That is why I am trying to understand what France’s approach to all this is. If it is their policy to be generous I will take them up on it.

Thank you Nigel that was my understanding. But unless you have a 10 year cds to exchange the site appears to require proof of residence in 2020.
Posts crossed.

I was not suggesting you would be one of those who might “stretch” things…
I was replying to the general situation … and I have no idea if France will be double checking

France is being very decent, I reckon… but if there are folk who take advantage… that’s up to them and their conscience… and their nerves… :thinking: :roll_eyes: :crazy_face:

1 Like