Change in retirement age effecting women born after April 1951

The 'New State Pension' is a bone of contention. It does NOT mean that the millions of us born before then and particularly those of us already receiving pension will get any kind of pay rise. We will get the annual inflation linked rise for as long as it exists, which some pensions experts have said will soon cease to be made as focus changes to the new arrangements. So, it may well be that the predicted £155 a week when it does start will apply to a relative minority of claimants anyway. I have read a number of condemning things but since I am already getting basic state pension, which an increasingly large proportion of people get, I would not invest too much hope in it. That is where both men and women are getting a horrendously bad deal dressed up as benevolence. As for pensionable age, that is in future the same for men and women, will go up to 70 by the mid t late 2020s in most European nations. There is also a condemning discussion paper by the National Pensioners Convention on the government advisers' suggestions that the UK follow models like the Swiss pension scheme where people pay into a private pension but the AHV (state) scheme is basically a minimal support that nobody could live on. None of what I have read should at all affect me, too late, but for many of you if you have time buy into a private scheme (mine was one that went bust and it will be several more years before I get my compensatory payment, if I am still around!) and hope that it does not go under.

When we moved here i had 2 years to go to my retirement and pension, my wife had 4 so thought we could manage to survive for those years now my wife born in 1956 has to wait until she is 66 so another 7 years living on just my pension.

What I read about the New pension scheme was that "You’ll usually need 10 qualifying years to get any new State Pension."
https://www.gov.uk/new-state-pension

Oh Yes! I was born in 1957. As most women or our generation I had expected to receive pension at age 60 - am now told I will be 67 before receiving any pension. That's about £50,000 less I will receive from Gov.uk !!

Yes me too, Veronique! And, Brian I think you are right!

By then retirement will have been abolished.

I'm going to be about 84 before I can retire. Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Born in 1961 it went up from 60 to 65 then they moved the goal posts again and now I have to wait until I am 67....TWELVE years after my husband.....

I am also affected by the NEW pension regime - I needed 30 years to qualify - I was 8 short but since I have soooo many more years to work I knew I could catch up - they've changed it to 35 years....

Getting caught at EVERY change is not funny!

It was actually women born after April 1950 … I had to wait until I was 60 and 3 months … the government created a phased change from April 2010.

A few years ago I was expecting to collect at 60 but being born in 1954 I now have to wait until I'm 65-and now get mine a year after my husband. I suppose the government ( and I'm not sure or care who it was) think that 10 years notice is enough.