Changeovers in Maine-et-Loire

Hello,

We are looking for someone that can do changeovers between bookings in Breil, just south of Noyant.

What is the going rate for a changeover these days?

If you know of anyone please have them contact us at loireholidaylet@gmail.com. Or if you have any suggestions where to look please let us know.

Cheers,
Richard

Iā€™d be interested in the answers!

We do our own changeovers, so curious as to what I am ā€œearningā€ by doing them. Ours is 3 beds, 2 baths plus garden and is 4* so must be pristine. Depending on how its been left it takes between 4 and 6 hours, and then thereā€™s a couple of hours of washing and ironing afterwards as well. So at SMIC rates that would be at least 60ā‚¬ and sometimes 100ā‚¬ - but I donā€™t think Iā€™d do it for anyone else for less than 150ā‚¬, and probably double if have to do the checking people out and in as well.

The gĆ®te across from us pays a local lady to do the changeovers - so presumably pays SMIC. The owners charge 60ā‚¬ as a one-off cleaning fee.

As the cleaner is there for a good 4 hours (laundry done elsewhere) I reckon the owners must cover their costs in the rent itself.

We charge our standard hourly rate (22E) for cleaning and making beds and have a price list for laundry. Itā€™s all very well quoting the ā€˜SMICā€™ but who pays for the cleaning materials and provides the equipment to do the job?

That sounds like a realistic priceā€¦and even then owner should provide materials and equipment, all you offer is labour.

The ā€œcleaningā€ fees are essentially a token payment, as there seems to be a market rate of 50 - 75ā‚¬. Which is nowhere enough! Even when people have opted to do their own cleaning rather than pay the fee Iā€™ve usually still got several hours of work (apart from one or two notable exceptions).

Anyway, must get one with itā€¦our last changeover of the season. And new people are already here. Luckily its not raining!

When renting we always aimed to leave a place in the same state we would expect to find it - only rarely (if we knew, for example, that timing was a bit tight on the return journey) have we ever paid a cleaning fee.

However I am aware that weā€™re probably unusual in doing so which is one of the factors that, in the end, made me less than keen to try to rent our place.

With respect Simon, the regular changeover person will almost certainly find more to do.
When you have cleaned a property hundreds of times you learn which bits commonly get overlooked and you instinctively go straight to them.
How many times have I checked after clients who proudly tell me they have left everything spotless and they have, except for a dollop of jam down the side of the fridge where they didnā€™t realise there was a gap, or a mess of crumbs behind the microwave because they never thought to pull it out and check, or toothpaste spashes on the tiles and taps because for some strange reason people donā€™t seem to see their own splashes.

1 Like

Err, Paul.

And we routinely checked for all of the things that you mention, and more.

And we have arrived at properties to find all of those and similar faults as well

And having to buy cleaning products always gets up my nose but weā€™ve done that in rentals (within reason - if thereā€™s no vacuum cleaner the place ainā€™t getting hoovered).

My wife is pretty fastidious and Iā€™m distinctly more tolerant of mess but not even I would leave a place Iā€™d rented in a state I would not find acceptable on arrival.

Possibly - Iā€™m not saying that we left a place precisely with everything in the same place down to the last mm so, no doubt, there would be ā€œtidyingā€ to be done as the regular changeover person probably wants things ā€œjust soā€.

We provide both the cleaning materials and the equipment to ensure we have everything we need to do the job. What people often overlook is that cleaning is only part of the changeover process, staging of the property is also important, one of the houses we manage has 80+ cushions spread throughout both inside and outside which have to be correctly positioned before guests arrive, bikes also have to be in good working order, all lights have to be checked etc, etc. The list is endless and every house is different so you have to mentally remember what to do for each one.

And the little repairsā€¦wobbly handle, toilet seat coming adrift, people using toilet roll holder to lever themselves up, dents in paintwork, torn maps, thereā€™s always something.