Changing mobile phone plan

For mobile voice and data in France I am with Reglo (LeClerc piggy-back provider via SFR, I believe). I’m happy with them and am in the process of moving my wife from Orange to Reglo because she will get a lot more for the same cost.

In fact, for the same as I currently pay, she will get more than I do, so I would like to upgrade also. This, for me, would mean switching plan within Reglo. Has anyone else done this? Do I have to go through the same process as switching from one provider to another and have to get a new sim card and port my number? I hope I can just ask Reglo to change my plan and it just happens!

For the record, this is a monthly sans-engagement deal.

I think you should be able to just switch, have you looked in your online account? Maybe even possible there, if not I guess call them.

As @toryroo suggests, the change can be done online - thats what we did when upgrading from one Réglo plan to another, slightly pricier one (9,95pm).The change was instant.

Thanks @George1 - I will have a look. While my French is coming on well, my technical French still represents a bit of a barrier on some Websites - but I will try :smiley: (yes I know I use traslation…)

@George1 Managed to upgrade online quite easily in the end thank you. It wasn’t instant for me but comes into effect on the 6th, which is the start of the new billing month.

1 Like

FYI I use a Free mobile sim. I pay €20 per month for free calls anywhere in France and to landlines in UK and various other countries. I get 250Gb mobile data and find |I use around 4Gb if I watch a film. Just using the internet every day uses much less than 10Gb per month for 2 of us using the Hotspot. There are various other perks which I don’t use. Just search ‘Free mobile’ for all details.

I have 5GB on my BT Mobile sim and until 6th March 6GB on my Reglo (SFR) sim, increasing to 10GB on 6th March. I’ve looked at the plan and it should roam to the UK but roaming halves the data allowance to 5GB.

I actually use the Web a lot as I run several websites and, yes, a couple of self-hosted discussion forums. But I have only very rarely got near my 5GB BT Mobile allowance limit as I don’t stream much to my phone apart from audio (Internet radio and podcasts), when not connected to WiFi.

We have Orange fibre and that works really well over a three node mesh network in the house. All our TV is via broadband.

My upgrade from 6-10GB (and more calls and texts, etc.) on Reglo was free as I was on an old tariff (4.99 Euros/month).

The BT Mobile sim is not great value at £12 a month, so Xpatfone might be a bit cheaper (£8.99) and enable us to receive and make calls/texts via WiFi, which we can’t at the moment.

1 Like