From rosieshomekitchen.com

and https://www.facebook.com/rosieshomekitchen

Cheesy Penguins

Required ingredients…

1 carrot sliced

Soft cheese such as Brie

Black Olives some with some cut in half and de-pipped

Cocktail sticks

A Little Kitchen Fun... rosies home kitchen in brittany france My name is Roz but lots call me Rosie. Welcome to Rosies Home Kitchen. I moved from the UK to France in 2005, gave up my business and with my husband, Paul, and two sons converted a small cottage in rural Brittany to our home Half Acre Farm. It was here after years of ready meals and take aways in the UK I realised that I could cook. Paul also learned he could grow vegetables and plant fruit trees; we also keep our own poultry for meat and eggs. Shortly after finishing the work on our house we was featured in a magazine called Breton and since then Ive been featured in a few magazines for my food. My two sons now have their own families but live near by and Im now the proud grandmother of two little boys. Both of my daughter in laws are both great cooks. My cooking is home cooking, but often with a French twist, my videos are not there to impress but inspire, So many people say that they cant cook, but we all can, you just got to give it a go.

1). Take a slice of carrot, cut a V into it to make the Penguins feet, retain the V cut

Put a cocktail stick in the middle

A Little Kitchen Fun... rosies home kitchen in brittany france My name is Roz but lots call me Rosie. Welcome to Rosies Home Kitchen. I moved from the UK to France in 2005, gave up my business and with my husband, Paul, and two sons converted a small cottage in rural Brittany to our home Half Acre Farm. It was here after years of ready meals and take aways in the UK I realised that I could cook. Paul also learned he could grow vegetables and plant fruit trees; we also keep our own poultry for meat and eggs. Shortly after finishing the work on our house we was featured in a magazine called Breton and since then Ive been featured in a few magazines for my food. My two sons now have their own families but live near by and Im now the proud grandmother of two little boys. Both of my daughter in laws are both great cooks. My cooking is home cooking, but often with a French twist, my videos are not there to impress but inspire, So many people say that they cant cook, but we all can, you just got to give it a go.

2). Cut a block of cheese for the body and roll into a ball

Put this on the cocktail stick

3). Make a shallow cut into the whole olive (the penguins face) and push the retained piece of carrot in to make the beak.

4). Put the head on next, put the cocktail stick behind the pip

5). Cut a de-pipped olive in half and gently press into the cheese

6). Use to decorate a cheese board

Just a little fun to show that cooking can be fun!

Why not have a go yourself?

Rosie