China and russia preparing for war with the west?

I think Kenneth Keen makes a very important point, which is that it does no harm to look at the world through the eyes of our supposed “enemies”, rather than always seeking confirmation bias by reading or watching the information-sources that feed our preconceived ideas.

In my almost 80 years I’ve realised that most wars over the last sixty years or so have been engineered/provoked/incited or waged against weak nations that did not threaten the USA in any tangible way; they did it to nurture their arms industry, and provide an outlet for otherwise rebellious unemployed young men from various poverty-stricken US states and ghettoised cities.

3 Likes

I am not sure about anything Carol. This is simply a wild idea which occurred to me as I extrapolated the possibilities. We are often shocked by reality and this idea is not something I would put any bets on. The CIA is often accused of supporting terrorists or “rebels” in order to overthrow a particular government. They encourage revolt among extremists so the most extreme version of this would be Kim himself. Not impossible, but a relevant aspect of how the “arms race” operates.

1 Like

Agreed Peter. Does no harm is an understatement. It is ESSENTIAL to look at things from all sides. My education trained me to not believe ANYTHING unless I could prove it myself. If you only get facts from one side you are in a very poor situation to be able to judge if those “facts” are the whole story.
Fact is the USA spend more money on arms than anyone else so NEED an enemy to justify continuing along this perverted and sick path. In the end it is just greed for money, so it would be in all our interests to give those who gain from weapons sales a team of psychologists or doctors who then treat those people and eventually set them on a more beneficial path for us all. Give them a free holiday, retire them on double benefits, anything would be better than letting them continue to pollute this planet with ever more destructive devices which have no positive use.

1 Like

The US and Saudi Arabia between them created the Taliban, they funded the most conservative and religious of the Mujahideen groups and Afghan political parties in exile in Pakistan. Everybody on the spot knew about it and thought it dangerous and foolish.

2 Likes