China continues to throw shapes

No! And that’s one of the reasons I said that our way of life is a fragile thing and not to be taken for granted.

1 Like

You mean Cummings and the ERG by “we” ? They’re the ones in the driving seat, O Wise One! :oncoming_automobile::seat::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No! I was talking about Europe.
I am no longer resident in the UK, nor do I have a vote there.
Coming to live in France has turned out to be a smarter move than I knew at the time.

1 Like

Fair point and very relevant of course, Mike. But we have adult children who live and work in UK so these things still matter to us.

Homeless people are going to have a hard time getting eligibility to vote. People sitting pretty are going to vote for the status quo: “I’m all right Jack and devil take the hindmost” :frowning:

1 Like

It was always thus. . . . .

1 Like

True for us also. I have always thought that that it is a parent’s duty to enable children to gain as much education as they are capable of absorbing. After that, their lives and choices are their own and they are unlikely to take advice from the older generation.
We have a son who has dual nationality, but refuses to leave the sinking ship!

Thank you Lily for posting this petition. You beat me to it!
Izzy x

1 Like

Signed it yesterday. Worth trying but actually I don’t suppose any western government is particularly bothered about the Uyghurs, they never have been. Terrible.
Have any of you read News from Tartary by Peter Fleming? Marvellous book about his travels with Ella Maillart in that part of the world ( particularly interesting about Urumchi, Turfan, the Tarim basin etc) in the mid 1930s.

1 Like

An interesting perspective -