Chip Fryer

4 years is pretty good going. I would check the offers at your local supermarkets. I found some as little as 20€.

1 Like

Curry and chips ??

Never had that, although I do dish up a somewhat unusual offering with a leftover curry base. I put a layer of thickly sliced potatoes (preboiled) over the top of the curry, then add a layer of grated cheese and put the dish under the grill.

Yummy, tastes ab fab.

1 Like

We just use a heavy saucepan with our digital thermometer.

I do love nice crispy chips. I have had a hot air fryer for about a year now. My wife hates it and soIi have tried to love it because I bought it ! - however I have now just ditched it. It really makes dry, rubber chips and I have decided to get a small basic deep fat fryer again. I can’t speak for all the hot air fryers but I certainly would not get another (mine was a Tefal Actifry)

1 Like

We’ve got a Tefal actifry, and only use it for cooking oven chips, which turn out better than if you put them in the oven, but nowhere near as good as real chips, but no messy fryer or smell, and no need to buy loads of oil.

They were/are sold as being able to make real chips - they can’t.

1 Like

Does anyone know where it is possible to buy crinkle cut chips these days ? Our local Super U doesn’t sell them anymore sadly.

Crinkle Cut Chlps - I think you can get them in the 1980s just find a Delorean!

3 Likes

Yes, it is called peel some potatoes, slice them with the crinkle cut chip slicer. All in your own home. Magic isnt it. Dont even need to get the DeLorean out.

1 Like

You are right of course. I shall have to look through the Vermont Country Store catalogue as I’m sure that they probably sell crinkly chip cutters.

2.95 pounds on EBAY. loads on offer.

1 Like

Don’t the crinkles make the chips more fattening?

1 Like

Haha, there would have to be a Risk analysis carried out. My view is chips made from real potatoes and not these cardboard things, are classed as real healthy food. They taste so good with fried eggs and beans or mushrooms and some cumberland suasages on the side.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Greater surface area so more fat absorbed and more salt stuck to the surface. Very bad for you but absolutely yummy.

1 Like

Robert life is too short to worry about little things like that.

And life will be shorter if you eat too many of them! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::man_cook:

1 Like