Christmas Dinner with the family 2020

Well Christmas will be like any other day. We will stay with the rules
and there will be just the two of us and our fury friends.
We always eat well…so we will prepare something really
nice.
I wiil of course miss seeing dear friends but hopefully next Christmas will be wonderful.

4 Likes

Ours will be exactly like that too. Personally I think its irresponsible (and potentially dangerous) to flout the rules and have massive family gatherings.

3 Likes

That is exactly the problem, there are no rules just recommendations.

1 Like

common sense should take over in the absence of logic. and rules

1 Like

Thats the problem ( in a lot of aspects, not just covid), there is very little common sense any more.

But if we’re talking about common sense then there’s a huge difference between pensioners with existing medical conditions living in rural France who see almost nobody and younger people who are working, meet many people (a couple of hundred in my case) every day and their children who spend all day in classrooms with their classmates, then cramed into the canteen every lunchtime. In short, in our case and the rest of our family of our generation, we will see and come into contact with just a handfull of people on Christmas day compared to every other day of the week. Horses for courses :wink:

1 Like

Common sense well it is exactly how you evaluate it.
Your life your house and your family.

I think that’s a bit unkind Barbara, you don’t have family here so can just do as you please, Andrew like many others (me included) can’t do that.

Not so Tim I am not unkind at all.
There are many people whom I would love to
spend time with this Christmas,
I am a people person that is why I enjoy hospitality as an industry.
In fact I need the joy of Christmas and togetherness more than many
as I spent a long time this year in hospital with no visitors and food which I
could not eat.
But as I said we have a choice.

Not all of us do though Barbara and that is the crux of this discussion.

1 Like

Please explain Tim
You have no choice

@tim17 - I think you should draw lots amongst your children. That would sort it out. Or maybe you could ask them to bid on a place at the table? Highest bidder wins? And gets to bring their partner? Endless possibilities I feel…!

1 Like

how many kids

Three plus partners, with us that’s eight which is greater than the recommendation. Just need to work out who’s been the naughtiest child this year! :grinning:

3 Likes

hmm I get the picture now

I shall be having my 5 children home for Christmas from all over, because they aren’t yet at a stage in life where they don’t come home. My parents will be 1000 km away.

I shall be seeing far fewer people over Christmas and New Year than I see every day at work (by a factor of about 150 since I mix with getting on for 1000 people every workday). Those of us who go out to work aren’t going to cancel a family gathering when we are cheek by jowl with strangers every day.

3 Likes

We are eating Xmas day with French neighbours opposite (younger than us and 2 adult children) …so will be 6 of us. We thought long and hard and chatted with them and they said they’d understand if we didn’t go but would miss us …when we finally said we’d go…they said they’d put all the leaves out on their table to keep more distance between us… :slight_smile: . Sadly none of our family here this year…not seen any of them for over a year. :frowning:

1 Like

us neither but no doubt we will chat on whatsapp and watch the grandkids open their pressies…

Just had two customers take their masks off in the shop so they could “faire la bise” !!! And people are already talking about and planning their big under-cover new year’s eve parties. January’s going to be a total lockdown :open_mouth:

We shall be on our own, children in UK and Germany.