Christmas! - Sharing Spirit, Smiles and Similies

They are lovely plants…
Our cantonniers plant them in the commune flowerbeds throughout the village… freebies, saved from the scrap heap the year before, they make a wonderful show when other things are fading…

I know from my own experience how losing your wife/husband feels when xmas comes round. This willl be my 11th year without my hubby and xmas was always his favourite time of the year especially getting the tree and decorations done. I never bothered much except when the kids were able to come and join me but this year will be making up for all those years I was on my own and with my four cats and dog too.

This year, you can be celebrating all the wonderful Christmases you shared with your hubby… and I hope you have a lovely time.
Happy memories are there within each of us… just waiting to come back out and make us smile…

2 Likes

New post on SF - Christmas 2022

Bon Voyage to all the Bah-humbugs!

:japanese_ogre: :japanese_ogre: :japanese_ogre:

I’m having a dry (well not alcohol dry) run today with first invite for the family and their parents/in-laws to my son to the new house. Been making lists galore and getting everything done previous so no last minute chaos, even HAD to finish a mouthful of rosé a few mins ago so I could dump the bottle, I like to serve in a carafe so no seeing where it came from!

No! No! It’s still October! Have you all forgotten why you really moved to France?

As far as I know we haven’t even had Halloween yet - thankfully it doesn’t amount to anything around here, so might easily pass unnoticed - though on Friday I did see a rather overweight young man, hopefully a parent of small child(!) walking sheepishly through the market with a plastic devil’s trident in his hand. Slightly surreal!

1 Like

If you are referring to my post, we didn’t have xmas dinner or anything even slightly xmassy, its been nearly 80°F again today so pork chops and plenty of iced rosé. Everyone enjoyed themselves and I even got them playing shovehalfpenny on my very old proper wooden board with the brass coins.

Exactly - can’t think of Christmas when I’m still walking around in shorts.

Aaaahhh… :jack_o_lantern:

Our Mairie sent out a little hand coloured map and lovely letter of request with tear off slip, saying we were on the trick-or-treat route, and please return the slip if we would like to offer sweets for the little callers. Of course I ticked Oui!

I love little folk wearing painted sheets ir pink tulle. I bought lots of bon bons and now all I await is the balloon from the Mairie as signal for the goblins that they can knock.

Or, perhaps I shouldn’t mention

:vampire:t2: :man_elf:t3:

All those in UK could use up the Queen’s last stamps for Christmas cards.

Make someone happy to hear “You’ve Got Mail!” (Even if it is grammatically incorrect)