Classic car restoration garages

If you are still looking for a garage and dont mind travelling . Andy runs a british garage in Montaigu de quercy . Www.ccsportscars.fr

@Djburns another example of their bodywork and painting…

1 Like

wow! depth and lustre

Hmm, thats within spitting distance too. Do they do restoration/paintwork as well?

The whole thing was in awful shape… OH had to rebuild the wooden skeleton… and the floor is chestnut parquet, from leftover flooring in the house… he also redid the electrics and motor etc …

But the Paintshop did the hard work on the body… The metal was abysmal… some was rotten and needed cutting out and inserting new patches… the wings over the wheels, looked like inverted pebbledash… etc etc…
They did a remarkable job.

With new upholstery and hood… it has come together rather well.

Fantastic!

There are garages/paintshops out there… just need to locate them

and Ann is already offering another possibility… :relaxed::relaxed:

Best get the number off the website and give them a ring . Think he does all sort at the garage . Some amazing cars

Or call down and see him

Be worth the trip to look at his cars alone. Thanks for the suggestion.

Lovely collection Stella!!

One small point if I may? The front wheels on the TR look to be a little ‘beyond the arches’ from your photo - it can pass a CT like that? In the UK that would be a fail.

Might just be the angle the photo is taken at…

Interesting to read about the woes of a collection CT.
A CT pass will only show a validation period of 2 years regardless of whether it is a collection vehicle or not. The computer system cannot differentiate. Your CT (& matching window vignette which you do not have to show)) will state a 2 year validity but your carte grise X.1. should show a 5 year validity date if your CG is marked vehicule de collection against Z.1.
My own collection car actually does not need a CT at all, being older than 1960 so I was a bit confused to be asked for one when I imported it! It later transpired that as I was both changing ownership AND applying for a collection CG, a CT less than 6 months old IS required but will never need another one.

3 Likes

Hi Mark… are you keeping this one… ??

No idea whether or not they are slightly proud… but never a problem with the CT… which used to be done every 2 years…then changed to CGC and the 5-year test.

Incidentially… IMO if someone uses a car regularly/often enough… it is worth having the CT done every 2 years… even if it is not a legal requirement.

(we chose to do that during the years when we were doing lots of long distance rallies etc)

I shall be looking for British Classics for a weekend Exhibition… February 2020 … at Perigueux.

Everyone… please think on’t…

1 Like

Thanks for making that a bit clearer. And nice car.

Could be up for that if I still have the car or it’s not still in a bodyshop somewhere!

Yes, it’s a keeper! Might hang on to the car too…

1 Like

Hi Stella

Hope you don’t mind me pointing out, ideally you need an thermostat/oil temp gauge if you have an oilcooler to ensure the oil is getting hot enough… Sure I am teaching my grandma etc, but just in case.

Re the pos camber this is interesting: https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/39614-camber-tip/

Have no fear Guy… rebuilding cars is not my speciality… I leave that to OH and he does make sure that everything is just as it should be.:+1::+1::+1:

I know I’m “of a certain age” but definitely not your grandma… :rofl::joy::laughing: