Climate Change Strike

Due to climate change, give it twenty years there will be a catastrophic loss of resources and opportunities. It will be bedlam. So playing by the rules seems to be counter productive. It’s not like it can be left up to the politicians. The most you will get is window dressing.

As I said - anarchy. Seems like a well ‘educated’ way forward… ?!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Note: it’s not about rules - it’s about laws laws. You don’t get to choose which ones you comply with)

1 Like

I am not advocating violence. What education are you advocating? Climate change denial? :money_mouth_face:

The thing is it’s midnight in terms of our environment. Changes need to happen NOW.

The ‘kids’, ‘children’, ‘minors’ - should be in their ‘free’ (in France) school / education facility on school days. It’s the law. Or are you advocating anarchy?

It used to be the law women (and a fair number of men) couldn’t vote …

And no, as I said not advocating violence. Climate change will visit anarchy on all of us though.

youdontsay

43%20-%20Edited

I do like Nicolas Cage :grinning:

But to turn the question back around what are you advocating Simon? The youth not having a future?

I like him too - bit spooky though!

Don’t be silly Marijke - I want the very best for the youth of today - they may have to take care of me one day!! I’m simply advocating compliance with current law - that’s all.

1 Like

So final thought for the evening ( need to finish work) laws regarding the environment need updating and new more ambitious targets adhered to. If that involves bringing education (to a non violent) standstill then I think it is important.

My daughter went and marched with banners for half the day (four and a half hours in the rain, 8 - 12.30) and then went to lessons in the afternoon.

3 Likes

Oh dear… :cry:

This is my outlook … We must do all possible to help against drastic climate change.
Students, should be in school, college, university etc. during the school year! Kids in a lot of underdeveloped countries would love to have the opportunity to have easy access to the type of education system we have here.
If they want to protest & have a bit of fun whilst demonstrating, why not do it on the weekend or during their holidays! That way the tax payer doesn’t have to pay the heating & running costs of the buildings, teaching & administrative staffing for a wasted day & the pupils get their education. OK I suppose coming together collectively & organizing strike action could be deemed as a form of social / political education, but that too is tough in the french system.

2 Likes

I’m all for the youth of today getting involved in solving our and previous generations screw-ups, we sure ain’t going to do anything. No emojis, I’ve got my serious face on.

2 Likes

Not just a bit of fun. Their future. You (and I) will be dead but they have another 60-odd years to live in an increasingly vandalised world.

3 Likes

Didn’t say just having fun! This like many other subjects for protest is very serious. Don’t know may people who’ve been on protest marches etc. & not had a bit of fun doing so.

2 Likes

@Wozza
OK, sorry - I got the wrong end of the stick!

Can’t stand him, one dimensional actor, all the same inflections limited ability to actually change character, in short wooden.

Love The Family Man.