Climate Change Strike

My son is taking part in the Toulouse Schools Strike for Climate Change. Obviously as a proud mother I am boasting :wink:, but wondered if anybody else knows someone taking part today?

3 Likes

All the teachers in UK can say is that the young people should be thinking of their education.
Pity they don’t say the same when they have Inset days.
I think it is wonderful.
It is their future and I wholeheartedly admire them for standing up for it.

4 Likes

Thanks Jane. I think it’s lovely to see all these kids uniting alll across the world Our generation has been so blind about climate change. It was the one big thing that we had to do and instead we seem to have spent our time prevaricating and making excuses.

3 Likes

As for those who claim it’s wasting time and money. You can only laugh. Do they really think you can only learn in the classroom? Were they not teaching them to think and act for themselves ? To take responsibility and work together?

3 Likes

Will they be blockading roads and setting fire to tyres?
Only kidding, I think it is great, we are not leaving a great legacy for the young ones.

1 Like

No - they’re breaking the law - they should be in school. Their parents should be prosecuted accordingly. Simply anarchy.

1 Like

Hmm John I did wonder why young son snuck matches into his pocket. But burning tyres would not be a very eco way to protest climate change.

There’s a peaceful protest in Nontron tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Simon. I think you are pulling our leg here. Surely?

1 Like

LOL - which bit Caroline?

Of the leg? Getting more confused.

No Caroline - which bit of my comment am I pulling ‘your’ leg about?

The whole comment Simon. I read it as a tongue in cheek type remark said while the eyes are still crinkled with merry humour

But then sarcasm can be lost on these threads.

Simon was being deadly serious and I quite agree with him, any child caught protesting about climate change should be flogged and made to watch the Parliament channel on repeat!:grinning:

1 Like

No at all - I mean every word of it - no sarcasm (this time!!). Students do not have a right to ‘strike’ - that right is reserved, by law, for those in employment.

1 Like

Shame we can’t educate those in power to accept what is needed for the future but all they care about is their profits.

2 Likes

No (bit Dickensian Tim!) - they just need to go back to school or protest outside of school hours. Pretty simple really :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Next to you in the stocks.

Just a heads up Jane, when you see a grinning emoji next to a comment of mine it normally signifies humour (or an attempt at it).:wink:

:smile: