Climate/ecological breakdown

10 housing estates :joy:

What, both ends?

In N Pakistan and India you see people picking up cowpats and sticking them to the wall where they dry and are later used for fuel.

1 Like

However, large batteries that can hold megawatts of power might best be constructed using existing technologies that are impractical at small scale such as liquid sodium

eg

1 Like

A friend has just recommended this book:

@strudball - apparently it was FT book of the year, John - but I missed it until now.

1 Like

@Corona - One of those great Guardian articles today written by real experts not journalists - very much I think echoing your perspective on plant-based diets:

2 Likes

One of the books recommended for further reading is Darm mit Charme by Giulia Enders, it is really good.

I got it for £1 on the daily deals on UK Amazon quite recently. I will try to remember to flag here on SF if it ever returns for that price - lots of the deals do. Currently £9.36 so worth waiting for the £1 deal to return. Free £0.00 currently with an Audible trial though.

The book title is just “Gut” by Giulia Enders, in English.

1 Like

I have Prof Tim Spectors book which also make a great read but with a couple of reservations which I have emailed to him and his team. Because they are hugely busy with the Zoe covid app I dont expect an answer anytime soon.

Thanks Karen, I think I will give that a go, not tried audible before.

This book is available on Bookbeat which is far superior to Audible.
Think Bookbeat offer a free trail too.
Once subscribed to Bookbeat you can listen to an unlimited amount of books whereas Audible is limited to how ever many per month you subscription allows.

1 Like

Thanks Johnboy, shall look into that.

Watching a video this morning as I often do. This is on topic and facinating (well to me at least)

2 Likes

Love it! Thanks. We are so lucky we are living at this time. This is such an amazing new field for health and well-being.

1 Like

You might want to wait, sometimes they have offered 3 month trials

Thank you Karen, I am not in any hurry so may well do that. :+1:

Hi John,
have you seen on YT Dr Berg? I’ve been following his channel for a while now.
Thought you may find some of his stuff interesting.

Yes Wozza, likewise followed him from the start of my Keto journey others as well. Just be aware that they are often doctors in other fields but have an interest which helps them explain to us non doctors.
Another brilliant doctor, a neurologist, Dr David Perlmutter has some really good YT videos
I tend to avoid Dr Gundy as he is often wrong on some things, gets a lot right but I dont connect with him like I do others.

Another is Dr Paul Mason from low carb down under.

And for detailed and brilliant analysis of cholesterol, statins and heart disease, Ivor Cummins who uses data to show the hypothesis and explains in great detail the mechanisms.

2 Likes

A timely warning about the latest UK Tory extreme right-wing anti-environment faction, the Net Zero Scrutiny Group…

The newly formed Net Zero Scrutiny Group (NZSG)… reportedly has around 18 members in the Commons and is being run by dissident MPs Steve Baker and Craig Mackinlay, a Tory MP who was once the deputy leader of Ukip.

This is hardly the first time that small Tory factions have organised to upend a whole political agenda. The NZSG appears to be modelled on the European Research Group – also chaired by Baker – whose membership in the years leading up to the EU referendum never exceeded 26 MPs, but who successfully changed the shape of European politics.

Steve Baker & his knuckle dragging mates/followers are like that dog bit of dog shit that you tread in but can never seem to wipe off.

3 Likes