Clocks changing this weekend

I take it will be the last time the clocks will change in France this weekend, loose one hour and we don’t get it back, will we survive :yum::laughing:

1 Like

At least there won’t be mass riots as there were when the calendar changed from Julian to Gregorian.

Though people’s understaning as to whether they “loose” an hour or not might be similar. :smiley: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

As I have an east facing window I am always awake early.
Whether I actually get up is another matter entirely.

3 Likes

I thought it had all been put on hold anyway - abolishing daylight savings time that is (though, technically, making the last switch in the spring would leave a country permanently using daylight savings time).

Bit of a pain in the winter though, with two hours time difference between UK and France, not to mention that UTC+2 is a lousy timezone for Western France.

1 Like

Are they really abolishing changing the clocks? I hadn’t heard.
I quite like sitting up to exactly the right time to change the clocks :rofl: :upside_down_face: :crazy_face:

That’s wonderful - as Lady Bracknell almost said, everybody should have a hobby!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Just one of many. I’m also fascinated with washing machine cycles and wind turbines.

Is there no stopping you?

1 Like

Now the damn things all have to go back again…

4 Likes

Brilliant! Although my husband seems to have invented a new optio in the car. It is set half an hour out so it will still be 1/2 hour out tomorrow!

1 Like

Looks like there will be no change coming soon to the changing of the clocks.

So, on hold semi-permanently?

1 Like

I do hope that changing the clocks is scrapped - it seems such a faff for no benefit.

1 Like

Except that CEST (which is what most of Europe will probably end up with) is such an awful time zone for the westernmost parts of France and Spain (I’m not sure it’s that great for the easternmost areas of the union either).

Not to mention that the UK would probably then choose to stick with GMT *just* so there is a two hour difference with Europe.

Our gites guests often come from south-east England, and already have some difficulty adjusting, not so much to the hour time difference, but to the distance traveled west, so when they’re out and about at 9am in Brittany it’s similar weather to what they would have at 7am at home - and the hottest part of a summers day here is often late afternoon.

1 Like

I hope everyone will wake up at 2am on Sunday and carefully “put the clocks forward…” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The clocks in the wards at Angoulême Hospital are WiFi controlled and they self adjust every day… at 2am, the clocks wind themselves back to top-dead-centre then advance to the current time.
Fascinating to watch when you’re “whiling away” the time :slightly_smiling_face:
Way to go :wink:

1 Like

Are you offering to check 'em at 2am, just to make sure…

Although it’s nice to get the “extra” hour in the autumn I could happily forego daylight savings time just to avoid having one weekend where there is an hour less between finishing work on a Friday and starting back again on Monday morning.

2 Likes

never really been a clockwatcher @Stella but when you’ve run out of sheep…