Complaint to Orange regarding WIFI Installation

Hi, can anyone help. I need to complain to Orange as when their technician came to install WIFI 20th Dec he blew all the electrics in our apartment. Although an electrician fixed the initial problem we have had to call him back for something else so will be out of pocket due to Orange.

Sorry no idea who to complain to, but all the contractor would (normally) do is plug a transformer into a socket to power your livebox. I very much doubt you could prove liability, but good luck.

Before commenting I think we need more information.

I’m guessing that the technician maybe hit some mains electrics when drilling through a wall, or mounting a fibre termination box, but await more info.

2 Likes

Yes he must have done. He paid us €300 to give to the electrician who fixed the problem and we thought all sorted. But today we found out the dishwasher and extractor don’t work (they did before Orange came) so have the electrician out again tomorrow but payment will be coming out of our pocket even though this problem started with Orange. I just can’t find any customer service contact at orange to write too.

Odd, are Orange contractors known for giving ex gratia payments if they screw up?

My first question would be do you have any proof of your version of the story?

I’m not trying to be difficult, nor doubt your word - but Orange might want something more substantial.

Surely your repairing electrician will have told you exactly what occured?

It sounds to me as if a circuit was hit/cut by drilling/whatever & that your electrician cleared the fault but didn’t check further i.e. they didn’t do the work the initial payment was meant to cover.

Did you report the problem right away to your insurance company? They could surely pursue the costs via Orange’s insurance company so you’re not left out of pocket.